• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Discussion

Belk Bowl Facebook page has a new Clawson press conference if anyone's interested.

ETA: Wasn't aware of this until Clawson said it, but we beat 5 bowl teams this season: State, UL, BC, App, Utah St. Looked it up and last season we beat 1: Indiana.

Syracuse was the only FBS team we played that had more than six losses

Anyone have restaurant and bar recommendations in the Uptown area? I'm staying at the Courtyard and thinking of The Cellar at Duckworth's and Prohibition Bar. Good choices?

Anyone have restaurant and bar recommendations in the Uptown area? I'm staying at the Courtyard and thinking of The Cellar at Duckworth's and Prohibition Bar. Good choices?

Duckworth is a great choice. Really strong beer menu and good food

Really do not like Prohibition. The Cellar is really tough to get into, and usually has a long wait (unsure if they take reservations), but regular Duckworth's is great too. Would highly recommend Rooster's or The King's Kitchen - both owned by Jim Noble, Wake guy.

Ri Ra is the big chain Irish bar, while Connolly's is the local one. Ink N Ivy is a pretty eclectic bar, but usually has a good atmosphere and tons of TVs. If you want a swanky bar, go to the Punch Room at the Ritz, or Fahrenheit's rooftop bar (inside/outside).

Really do not like Prohibition. The Cellar is really tough to get into, and usually has a long wait (unsure if they take reservations), but regular Duckworth's is great too. Would highly recommend Rooster's or The King's Kitchen - both owned by Jim Noble, Wake guy.

Ri Ra is the big chain Irish bar, while Connolly's is the local one. Ink N Ivy is a pretty eclectic bar, but usually has a good atmosphere and tons of TVs. If you want a swanky bar, go to the Punch Room at the Ritz, or Fahrenheit's rooftop bar (inside/outside).

Prohibition is ratchet

Stoke at the Marriott has craft cocktails and good food.

Dandelion Market has a great beer selection and good food. Pretty good scene before it gets too late.

Sea Level is a really good raw bar at Hearst Tower.

I prefer Capital Grille and BLT Steak of the Uptown corporate steakhouses.

Halcyon for fine dining. Luce for Italian fine dining.

The Asbury for brunch (Sat & Sun).

Ask for specific recommendations.

What is the closest Radisson to the stadium?

I see the Airport Radisson has a free shuttle and complimentary coffee but don't want to risk the distance on gameday.

What is the closest Radisson to the stadium?

I see the Airport Radisson has a free shuttle and complimentary coffee but don't want to risk the distance on gameday.

Why are you asking me when you've obviously already been Googling Charlotte-area Radissons ?

BTW, that Radisson's right across the parking lot from a strip club and a short walk to the light rail. Not a great neighborhood after dark though.

Last edited:

I'm not a big fan of Prohibition either and agree on The Cellar.

I really liked Roosters but I can no longer support any Jim Noble owned restaurants because I vehemently disagree with his politics. (Not saying everyone should bail. Just saying I'm not spending my money on anything of his.)

Fahrenheit is great for a drink, but I think the food is overrated. Nice atmosphere for sure.

I like Dandelion Market a lot as long as you're not there super late. I back that sentiment too.

Crave dessert bar is pretty good, but a little off the main drag.

There's a Hooters uptown too, so we should be all set...

Thanks (and the others who responded). The Cellar does take reservations thru Open Table. I was also looking at the various Irish bars. Will have to check out the others mentioned as we are spending a couple of nights in town.

Thanks (and the others who responded). The Cellar does take reservations thru Open Table. I was also looking at the various Irish bars. Will have to check out the others mentioned as we are spending a couple of nights in town.

What nights are you staying? There are some cool places that going would depend on night of the week (aka whether it will be a college atmosphere or not). Some of my favorite places to go in Charlotte are toward south end and would be an inexpensive Uber away from uptown. OMB (old mecklenburg brewing) is one of my favorite breweries and the area around it is really cool. A couple breweries, a cider place, and an arcade bar that are all really nice and fun within walking distance of one another. The restaurant options given so far have been great, I would add Mert’s (I think that’s the name) - great soul food and really inexpensive.

I'm not a big fan of Prohibition either and agree on The Cellar.

I really liked Roosters but I can no longer support any Jim Noble owned restaurants because I vehemently disagree with his politics. (Not saying everyone should bail. Just saying I'm not spending my money on anything of his.)

Fahrenheit is great for a drink, but I think the food is overrated. Nice atmosphere for sure.

I like Dandelion Market a lot as long as you're not there super late. I back that sentiment too.

Crave dessert bar is pretty good, but a little off the main drag.

There's a Hooters uptown too, so we should be all set...

His restaurant, The King's Kitchen, donates 100% of profits to feed the hungry/homeless and the majority of employees are ex-cons, former drug addicts, etc. who have been given a second chance. Awesome southern food, as well. Much more important than any "political statement" about the stupid bathroom bill, in my opinion. Hooters seems much more worthy of your money though!

His restaurant, The King's Kitchen, donates 100% of profits to feed the hungry/homeless and the majority of employees are ex-cons, former drug addicts, etc. who have been given a second chance. Awesome southern food, as well. Much more important than any "political statement" about the stupid bathroom bill, in my opinion. Hooters seems much more worthy of your money though!

Does it also attempt to "save" its employees or use its profits to "save" others from homosexuality?

https://goqnotes.com/56484/in-respo...s-restaurants-noble-says-homosexuality-a-sin/

"He also attempted to explain a sign he had hanging in his restaurants that read, “WANTED: FOR THE KINGDOM OF GOD,” and the following list: “Drug addicts, alcoholics, prostitutes, pimps, all sick people, gangbangers, gamblers, strippers, AIDS victims, homosexuals, blind, confused, shoplifters, depressed, suicidal people, demon-possessed, and those who are unsaved and cursed by witchcraft.”

Back