• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Discussion

So the bowls measure schools like us on our ability to sell tickets directly to our fan base, yet they offer promos on their website that aren't available from the school, essentially undermining the schools? Example, "buy 4 for the price of 3" on their website. Also, where are all these cheaper tix on ticketmaster coming from if face values are $67, $92, and $135?

I'm sure these questions have been addressed many times before but please remind me.

I've been a DC member since 2010, and I'm only showing the ability to purchase uppers at this time. Perhaps I don't have enough status for the club/lowers?

I only was showing the upper section too - so I called the ticket office this morning and they were able to get the lowers. In +4.

So the bowls measure schools like us on our ability to sell tickets directly to our fan base, yet they offer promos on their website that aren't available from the school, essentially undermining the schools? Example, "buy 4 for the price of 3" on their website. Also, where are all these cheaper tix on ticketmaster coming from if face values are $67, $92, and $135?

I'm sure these questions have been addressed many times before but please remind me.

The upper level tickets the bowl provides to the school are probably only sideline uppers (more expensive than endzone/corner uppers). And yes, you are correct, the bowl ticketing system is a racket, but it's been a racket for the past 50+ years, and isn't going anywhere anytime soon.

Just because you paid for Lowers does not mean you are guaranteed. If those sell out to higher rank DC members you will be moved to the next level and refunded the difference.

So not guaranteed seats, pay more money. So that Wake can "look better".

I'll pass. I'll be there, but I want to know where my seats are when I purchase them, and not get bumped down because McCreary decides to buy 200 lower tickets.

and I think overall attendance of Wake fans matters. The bowl reps talk, and if we show up (and not just buy seats), and the bowl makes a lot of money, they'll let Gator, etc know Wake was a fine team to have at their bowl.

Are we expecting A&M to travel well? They seem pretty disappointed and it is quite a hike for most of them.

I seem to remember the upper deck being empty when we played UConn there. We got lowers outside for like $20 ... or maybe free? Though the weather sucked and UConn has no football fans, which was probably part of it.

Did I read it is their first game ever in North Carolina? Maybe mixing that up with the first time vs. Wake Forest.

Did I read it is their first game ever in North Carolina? Maybe mixing that up with the first time vs. Wake Forest.

I think I read on their board, They've never played UNC or NC State. They have played Duke once in CFA bowl a few years ago. Never played Wake Forest. SO I'd think this is the first time they are playing a game in NC.

Their boards also think this is a "home game" for us.

Is it irresponsible to take a 2 month old to a bowl game?

I took my 9 month old twins to the Military Bowl in 2008. It was cold and rainy, but we bundled them up. Yes, you can judge me as an irresponsible father.

I think I read on their board, They've never played UNC or NC State. They have played Duke once in CFA bowl a few years ago. Never played Wake Forest. SO I'd think this is the first time they are playing a game in NC.

Their boards also think this is a "home game" for us.

I expect both fans will bring a large contingent.

What does everybody think is a reasonable attendance for Wake (official tickets sold by Wake, and also total number of fans in attendance after secondary tickets)?

Clawson needs to hire UTexas alumni Admiral McGraven to give a pre-game pep talk about what it means to beat the Aggies. Based on his famous graduation speech a few years ago, he would get our boys motivated for sure.

aTm enrollment for 2017... 68,625. The Aggies are a huge school with a huge fan base. They may have more students enrolled this year than we have living alumni in the world.

I expect both fans will bring a large contingent.

What does everybody think is a reasonable attendance for Wake (official tickets sold by Wake, and also total number of fans in attendance after secondary tickets)?

55,000 total attendance. 15,000 tickets bought from wake. 25,000 Wake Fans (maybe)

52,000 for UCONN and Wake total. and I think we definitely had more fans.

Last edited:
Back