• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Discussion

How does Stubhub and other places have upstairs, row 1-5 tickets for $35?

Snagged 4 section 226, so we’ll be right next to where the Wake sections end. With the 4 for 3 deal it came out to like $77/ticket after taxes and fees, so a pretty good deal. Sounds like we’re going to have a really good turnout.

Wow we're 6.5 point favorites?!?

We probably should be just based on power ratings etc. In Sagarin we are #29 with a 79.46 and they are #45 with a 75.75 rating. One could probably say we might even get a point of the normal 2.33 Sagarin gives for the home field advantage. On the ESPN Power Index we are #30 at 8.9 and A&M is #44 at 5.6. Plug in an interim coach and Vegas hopefully has this one pegged.

Who is coaching Texas A&M? Things should be chaotic there the next month and we should try and crush them early.

So in conclusion, if you've been a loyal member of the deacon club for a while, you should buy them from Wake to help our allotment and feel good about where you will sit.

If you aren't a member of the deacon club, or have only been a member a couple of years, you might be better off buying them from the bowl to save a little money, and guarantee your seat assignment. I know, in theory, its better if everyone buys out our allotment. But getting them cheaper, or guaranteeing your seat aren't reasons I'd blame someone for buying them from the bowl and hurting our allotment numbers.

Either way, I think we'll do well selling our allotment AND having a lot of fans. It should be a very well attended bowl game for LOWF.

Last edited:
FWIW, Utah State, App. State and ND all qualified for and will be playing in bowl games. Wonder how many Power V schools played 3 OOC games against bowl teams.

Also, WF's ACC schedule included 6 bowl teams (BC, FSU, Clemson, L'ville, State and Duke). 9 of 12 opponents are bowling. GT went 5-6, and was probably the next team into a bowl game if any spots had remained open. Cuse beat the #1 team in the country.

Very solid schedule.

FWIW, Utah State, App. State and ND all qualified for and will be playing in bowl games. Wonder how many Power V schools played 3 OOC games against bowl teams.

Also, WF's ACC schedule included 6 bowl teams (BC, FSU, Clemson, L'ville, State and Duke). 9 of 12 opponents are bowling. GT went 5-6, and was probably the next team into a bowl game if any spots had remained open. Cuse beat the #1 team in the country.

Very solid schedule.

Probably number 4 in line, behind the three 6 wins teams not bowling. Western Michigan, UTSA, and Buffalo.

Last edited:
Probably number 4 in line, behind the three 6 wins teams not bowling. Western Michigan, UTEP, and Buffalo.

Didn't check all of those teams, but UTEP went 0-12 this year; so, pretty sure the Yellow Jackets were ahead of the Miners in the bowl selection process.

Didn't check all of those teams, but UTEP went 0-12 this year; so, pretty sure the Yellow Jackets were ahead of the Miners in the bowl selection process.

Sorry. UTSA, not UTEP.

My account only shows Uppers available too, so I'll probably order on the phone this week.

I have a relatively low rank, all things considered, but I have had fantastic lower-level seats for every bowl (except for OB, where I was upper level) and the ACCCG.

TBH, i don't see us having a problem with too many people wanting lowers at 92 a pop. It could happen, but realistically, it probably doesn't. If we have a ton of people all of a sudden wanting more lower tickets, we probably could get another block from the bowl to sell. I hope Wake knows bumping people to upper level seats who are willing to pay for lowers is not a good move. I'd think they try to avoid that scenario.

Has anyone potentially affected by this protocol actually called the school or DC to verify that this is actually what's happening? And that it's possible to be bumped to the upper deck where you definitely don't want to sit? I can't believe those are the actual ramifications. No one in their right mind would buy lowers from Wake if that's the case.

Who is coaching Texas A&M? Things should be chaotic there the next month and we should try and crush them early.

Don't forget that back when RichRod/DickRod bolted from WVU that doofus assistant coach was left to coach the bowl game. Which they won in a blowout against a very good team (can't remember offhand). Coaching changes don't always disorder a team's efforts. Might cause a "circle the wagons" effect.

I see it as the only way to sell out uppers through the school, the bait and switch. I mean it’s a 25 dollar difference between upper and lower seats through Wake, who wouldn’t buy the lowers.

I would assume the school would stop offering lowers once they sold out of them. I highly doubt they would just continue advertising and have to deal with the reimbursements, headaches on the back end.

I would assume the school would stop offering lowers once they sold out of them. I highly doubt they would just continue advertising and have to deal with the reimbursements, headaches on the back end.

Yeah. I mean if there's enough people that want lowers and we've sold out, you would think Wake just asks the bowl for more lower tickets. They are available, and the bowl and wake want more people to attend. Only For lower tier bowls.

Obviously for playoff, and NY6, they probably can't do that, but this bowl does well at 55k in a 75k stadium. There should be more tickets available if the need arises.

Please don't let Donald Ross find this post.....Or he will have the Belk Bowl played at the Charlotte Knights stadium.

Last edited:
I'm not sure why some of y'all are surprised. It works this way every single year we go bowling.

Yeah. I mean if there's enough people that want lowers and we've sold out, you would think Wake just asks the bowl for more lower tickets. They are available, and the bowl and wake want more people to attend. Only For lower tier bowls.

Obviously for playoff, and NY6, they probably can't do that, but this bowl does well at 55k in a 75k stadium. There should be more tickets available if the need arises.

Please don't let Donald Ross find this post.....Or he will have the Belk Bowl played at the Charlotte Knights stadium.

:rofl:Not only that, we will be compared to Alabama football.

Back