• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Discussion

I'm not sure why some of y'all are surprised. It works this way every single year we go bowling.

Yeah, not surprised. But I guess it's the first time since 2006 Orange Bowl, ACC ship and 2007 Belk that we'll have a very LARGE contingent of Wake fans. before 2006 and 2007, our previous two bowl bids were Seattle and Hawaii? Can't remember more than 2500 wake fans. 2008, 2009, 2011, 2016 the bowls weren't an hour drive. So this presumed "bumping" is new to many, including me.

Where were people seeing that we were nearly a touchdown fave? Looks like a field goal most everywhere.

Meanwhile Lane Train a 22.5 point favorite over Akron, not sure I've ever seen anything like that in a bowl game

I would assume the school would stop offering lowers once they sold out of them. I highly doubt they would just continue advertising and have to deal with the reimbursements, headaches on the back end.

I don't think it's a rolling process, at least at first - they're accepting all requests until the 8th, and then they'll assign all of those people at once.

Deacon Club members are assigned first based on straight rank. 2017 General public football season ticket holders assigned next based on date order is placed. General public purchasers without football season tickets are assigned third based upon date the order is placed. Deacon Club members and season ticket holders should sign in to their account to see all ordering options. If the price level you initially ordered is sold out before your priority assignment is made you will be substituted the next available price level and refunded the difference.

We probably should be just based on power ratings etc. In Sagarin we are #29 with a 79.46 and they are #45 with a 75.75 rating. One could probably say we might even get a point of the normal 2.33 Sagarin gives for the home field advantage. On the ESPN Power Index we are #30 at 8.9 and A&M is #44 at 5.6. Plug in an interim coach and Vegas hopefully has this one pegged.

But line opens at Wake -3 per ESPN website.

I had a hard time telling whether Gene was saying our well coached, experienced team or Texas A&M's "talent" were expected to boat race the other. Chizik is an idiot so who knows..

He was clearly saying aTm would be expected to boat-race us. Our D has been boat-raced this year a little bit, and thank god their veteran talent appears to be on the defensive side of the ball. Hopefully our D can recover some of its health or poise from earlier in the season before we became unable to get off the field until in our own end or worse.

Don't forget that back when RichRod/DickRod bolted from WVU that doofus assistant coach was left to coach the bowl game. Which they won in a blowout against a very good team (can't remember offhand). Coaching changes don't always disorder a team's efforts. Might cause a "circle the wagons" effect.

U*NC did the same thing when Mack Brown bolted for Texas. Destroyed West Virginia in the Gator Bowl leading to the permanent hiring of one Carl Torbush.

He was clearly saying aTm would be expected to boat-race us. Our D has been boat-raced this year a little bit, and thank god their veteran talent appears to be on the defensive side of the ball. Hopefully our D can recover some of its health or poise from earlier in the season before we became unable to get off the field until in our own end or worse.

I think our defense is better than what we showed the 2nd half of,the season. A month prep and time to get healthy will benefit our defense I think.

If you're not a deacon club member but are a season ticket holder, non-priority allocations *are* rolling (or, at least, prioritized based on time of purchase). Buy soon if this is your situation.

I think our defense is better than what we showed the 2nd half of,the season. A month prep and time to get healthy will benefit our defense I think.

I think Wake gives up 26 per game and a&m gives up 28. Wake probably faced better offenses. Not sure why they should “boat race” anybody

I had a hard time telling whether Gene was saying our well coached, experienced team or Texas A&M's "talent" were expected to boat race the other. Chizik is an idiot so who knows..

I had a hard time understanding too, but think he was giving A&M the edge.
However, we've put up a few 600 yd games and a 700 yd game and lots of points.....and we have a group of great seniors who will be motivated to go out on a winning note.
This will be a signature win.

Cade Carney tweeted he will be fully recovered and ready to play for the bowl game so that helps

Don't forget that back when RichRod/DickRod bolted from WVU that doofus assistant coach was left to coach the bowl game. Which they won in a blowout against a very good team (can't remember offhand). Coaching changes don't always disorder a team's efforts. Might cause a "circle the wagons" effect.

Was that when they dropped 70 on clemson?

Nah Holgersen had taken over by then. Was '07 vs Oklahoma.

Big difference between that situation and this one is that WVU didn't have a permanent coach hired and the players played hard for that doofus (Bill Stewart) and he got the permanent job.

And Sumlin was fired whilst RichRod left for the UM job. So yeah, not many similarities

Nah Holgersen had taken over by then. Was '07 vs Oklahoma.

Big difference between that situation and this one is that WVU didn't have a permanent coach hired and the players played hard for that doofus (Bill Stewart) and he got the permanent job.

And Sumlin was fired whilst RichRod left for the UM job. So yeah, not many similarities

RIP

Best hotels near the stadium and downtown? Westin and what else?

Back