• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Discussion

One thing I'm not clear about is why Wolford's QB runs stopped being effective in our last several games. Earlier in the season, and in previous seasons, those runs gained a lot of yards regularly. Then it almost completely stopped producing. Not sure defenses could afford to spy him, so I wonder at the lost effectiveness.

He ran for more yards in the final four games of the year than he did the first 8 combined...

Wow, I surely didn't see that. Perhaps against ND and Syr, which I didn't watch the 2d halves of. Against Duke and NC State I didn't much QB rushing success at all. But go ahead and cite stats to prove me wrong lol.

Actually doofus, let's see your backup for your assertion. I checked the last four games and the first few games and it doesn't add up. As I suspected Wolford had meager games against State and Duke, and a big game against Syr. ND wasn't remarkable. Looking like you're fake news.

Certainly seemed as though the QB run was less effective after the Syracuse game.

It seemed to me that the play calling changed after the first half of the NC State game and continued through the Duke game. JW had been very effective faking the handoff and riding with it for a split second and then either handing off or pulling back and passing or boot legging around the end. That deception was freezing the line backers and defensive backs because they didn't know which of the three options was coming (pass, run or qb run). For some reason we seemed to go to more empty back field passing and empty back field JW runs as well as well as deeper handoffs to Colburn without much deception. This seemed to create fewer coverage options for the opposing defense and our gain totals and first downs decreased. I believe Clawson stated at some point that defenses were changing and adjusting which took away some of the effectiveness of our dynamic offense. I still think our offense in the last game and a half became much more predictable and less dynamic and definitely took away JW's long runs and longer gain handoffs along with some very effective passing surprises. I hope we see more of our Louisville and Syracuse offensive play calling in our bowl game.

Shouldn't take 10+ days to dish out the "priority access" ticket purchases that were made before the 12/8 deadline. Not a great look from Wake. Hopefully soon.

Shouldn't take 10+ days to dish out the "priority access" ticket purchases that were made before the 12/8 deadline. Not a great look from Wake. Hopefully soon.

They have to be hand assigned to accommodate seating requests and preferences based on DC rank. The additional ticket request changes the calculation on that as well. It’s not a simple flip of a switch. Did you do a seating chart for your wedding? Imagine that x10K.

They have to be hand assigned to accommodate seating requests and preferences based on DC rank. The additional ticket request changes the calculation on that as well. It’s not a simple flip of a switch. Did you do a seating chart for your wedding? Imagine that x10K.

Yeah, I get it's probably tough. Just seems like the ones purchased before 12/8 could have been done fairly quickly. They've gotta be using some computer program to help at least give them a start.

Yeah, I get it's probably tough. Just seems like the ones purchased before 12/8 could have been done fairly quickly. They've gotta be using some computer program to help at least give them a start.

Doesn’t really work like that. You have to factor in who people request to sit with. What preferences people might have for location, and how subjective that is. Also, you can’t even start until after that deadline because it’s based on rank. Suffice it to say, during bowl season there are always people working their asses off on the turnaround of tickets which is really tight.

Doesn’t really work like that. You have to factor in who people request to sit with. What preferences people might have for location, and how subjective that is. Also, you can’t even start until after that deadline because it’s based on rank. Suffice it to say, during bowl season there are always people working their asses off on the turnaround of tickets which is really tight.

Fire HAtch!

They hand assign? That's surprising.

Yeah, I don't really think this is true. They could just use a program like any ticket site uses to assign "best seats available" based on DC rank, and then hand assign the specific requests afterwards. Highly doubt they are hand assigning Johnny DC Member #3641 who just requested 4 lowers.

You'd better believe they're hand assigning club level and prime lower level seats.

You're probably right, what do I know? They are just dragging out the process because they want to piss people off specifically. Every time they run the program, fan man comes in and messes things up !

Like I said above, the Deacon Club's self-imposed deadline was December 20th. So we should know in the next couple of days.

Like I said above, the Deacon Club's self-imposed deadline was December 20th. So we should know in the next couple of days.

The initial priority deadline for club level tickets was December 8, and ticket guy told me those seats should be assigned and tickets emailed by last Friday. Sounds like maybe now they're waiting to release all tickets/all sections at the same time.

Back