• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Serious: Looking for Christian Facebook posts

Ph, in how many more ways can you attempt to derail a thread?

I'll indulge you because this is borderline abusive and I think shit like this should be called out.

"Cherry picked" quotes are helpful because they illustrate that these posts DO occur on social networks. As IaT correctly points out, they're "visualizations to illustrate" that these rhetorical appeals do in fact appear online. That's it. I had trouble finding it on my feed, but I've proved this point due to the contributions of some kind posters.

I love how three people have assumed that they know enough about my paper idea to levy methodological critiques when I'm still gathering data. Thanks to all who have sent helpful material. I've learned my lesson about asking for help here.

that you'll get some good, honest answers/help but have to ignore good-natured ribbing and Ph

basically.

I guess it was Ph circling around for another pass that GOT me.

if i know anything about academia, it's people love to needle each other

Rhetoric just isn't the hard science that sociology is.

Ph, in how many more ways can you attempt to derail a thread?

I'll indulge you because this is borderline abusive and I think shit like this should be called out.

"Cherry picked" quotes are helpful because they illustrate that these posts DO occur on social networks. As IaT correctly points out, they're "visualizations to illustrate" that these rhetorical appeals do in fact appear online. That's it. I had trouble finding it on my feed, but I've proved this point due to the contributions of some kind posters.

I love how three people have assumed that they know enough about my paper idea to levy methodological critiques when I'm still gathering data. Thanks to all who have sent helpful material. I've learned my lesson about asking for help here.

First of all, you posted an abstract. The purpose of an abstract is to tell your readers about your paper. If we don't know enough, that's on the abstract.

Second, the best time to levy methodological critiques is while someone is collecting data and figuring out their methods.

Third, if you're collecting data that isn't cherry picked quotes from random people, why do you need illustrative quotes from random people? You contradict yourself. Either you're cherry picking data or not.

I mean, if he asked for pictures of chicks with Hello Kitty tattoos would academics be attacking him for lack of academic rigor or failure to follow scientific method ? Probably not.

This is some seriously next-level mansplaining shit. Dude can't get his head around how this isn't going to be a social science paper, how I worked up a draft abstract about what I wanted to write, and how I'm just informally (hence the setting) looking for data at this point.

Does this still qualify as "good natured ribbing," ITC?

This is some seriously next-level mansplaining shit. Dude can't get his head around how this isn't going to be a social science paper, how I worked up a draft abstract about what I wanted to write, and how I'm just informally (hence the setting) looking for data at this point.

Does this still qualify as "good natured ribbing," ITC?

"wiggity whack?"
"no, just regular type"

sigh, i was hoping a homestar joke would land

but the ribbing part was separate from the Ph part of my previous comment for a reason

Back