• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2018 NASCAR Thread - RIP David Pearson

SMI announces this morning, if you purchased a ticket to one of their races; and it was delayed/postponed causing you to miss the event, you can redeem it for a ticket to any of their 8 tracks within the next calendar year.

WOW, that is awesome. Hopefully ISC will follow suit, I generally wait out the Martinsville ticket purchase until the weather is in focus.

219 mph now at Michigan? Wow. I wouldn't be surprised if they considered plates for this track soon.

It's my favorite week of the season. I love the moving of the mod/truck race to Thursday night. Heading up Thursday morning for 3 straight nights of racing.

And Kurt Busch survives demolition derby to win at Bristol.

I'm pretty excited for the Roval races this weekend. We're having lunch at the Speedway Club before the race then sitting at the S/F line. It could be an absolute shitshow, but hands down it'll be better and more entertaining than the typical 1.5 mile races.

Looking forward to it as well, it will be wild for sure. We are sitting in the Upper Ford section E I think. I bought the new NASCAR Heat Xbox game just because it has the Roval on there and couldn't stop playing it last night.

Driving the Roval earlier this summer was eye opening. You'd never imagine that much elevation change is in the infield.

Havent been to a NASCAR race in more than a decade but was invited to attend the road race on Sunday, should be interesting!

Loved the idea of the Roval. Def added some drama to a playoff eliminator. Too bad JJ screwed up at the end; wonder why his crew chief didn't tell him to just follow Truex home to move on.

One of the tracks I'd love to go to is Dover. Adding another element is that for the first time, betting will be legally allowed at a NASCAR venue. According to the interwebs, you can bet on different things like stage winners, head to head battles, number of cautions and caution laps. Betting booths will be set up in the track concourses. I'm curious to see if this catches on. Drunk rednecks betting money on racing could have some hilarious consequences.

That should be interesting. Hopefully they'll get to the point where they offer things like exactas, trifectas & superfectas. Used to play weekly in a "Pick 3" that was just like a trifecta and ended up with pretty large pots.

Would love to see those windows at Martinsville.

I know nothing about betting, but here are the prop bets.

Kahne forced to retire early due to health complications.

Back