• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2018 NASCAR Thread - RIP David Pearson

My boy Harv straight dominted today, but the new pit-gun policy is going to be a recurring storyline this season.

I am an idiot, that or I was drunk when I chose my drivers. Awesome week, had Harvick winning it, but chose a damn Chevy as the winning manufacturer. Oh well, on to the west coast swing.

I remember him from a few years back. One of the older racers, reminded me a lot of Hornaday, but not as good. Creep AF though, trying to sex up a 12 year old. :sick:

f6zawnzloyj01.jpg

JQ0V_VAdFMUq0NKS-jmgP1m92QvQxdEBqh6ttS1vl1E.jpg

Reddit is all afire with the rear window flexing of Happy's car. Apparently its rigid enough to hold shape through inspection, but flex at speed which reduces drag. Looks like at the moment Childers is onto something.

I was all for giving Danica a shot in the 10, but in the past two weeks, Aric has shown what that team and car are capable of. He's going to win some races.

Danica set women back in the sport by decades. She was downright terrible.

Unfortunately, nascar owners have a major problem when it comes to dipping their pen in company ink... Which, in the team atmosphere, just can't happen. Crocker had talent.

Danica happened in nascar because she was (quite literally) guarded against those relationships.

Oh, yeah. I was on a team plane a while back and Aric was in the row behind me. I heard a weird noise about 30 minutes into the flight & looked around.

His jacket was in his lap with his gf's head under it going up & down.

We made eye contact and he had the dumbest grin and gave me a thumbs-up.

Martinsville week is finally upon us. Scored some free tix for spending $25 on STP products a few weeks back, so we'll be making the trek up 220 this Sunday morning.

To make things even better, this little nugget was released this morning:

Weather looks terrible for this weekend. Even if it doesn't rain/snow on Sunday, I am not sure I am heading up with the kids to freeze out there, I can only imagine the whining that would commence.

I'm hoping for another truck/cup doubleheader on Sunday. We're going up early and grabbing breakfast at Clarence's then should have enough liquid encouragement to stay warm. Finishing under the lights, yes please.

How often is the weather actually good for the spring Martinsville weekend?

It's really hit or miss. At least it's not the first of March like Bristol was at one time. My dream is to move the spring Martinsville race to a Saturday night in the summer and do a triple header weekend like Bristol does in August.

Martinsville week is finally upon us. Scored some free tix for spending $25 on STP products a few weeks back, so we'll be making the trek up 220 this Sunday morning.

To make things even better, this little nugget was released this morning:

What about N Wilkesboro? :plos:

What about N Wilkesboro? :plos:

I don't even consider that a possibility. The most recent pics from the track are atrocious. The press box has fallen in, and most structures will have to be demolished before people can be around them. I'd love to see someone come in there with some lights and do a weekly racing series ala Bowman Gray. I'd definitely go there to watch a race(s). Maybe if I win the mega millions tonight....

I don't even consider that a possibility. The most recent pics from the track are atrocious. The press box has fallen in, and most structures will have to be demolished before people can be around them. I'd love to see someone come in there with some lights and do a weekly racing series ala Bowman Gray. I'd definitely go there to watch a race(s). Maybe if I win the mega millions tonight....

Is it surprising that someone like Jr. hasn't bought the place and restored it? Certainly there are plenty of former NASCAR drivers with enough FU money to do this.

It's really hit or miss. At least it's not the first of March like Bristol was at one time. My dream is to move the spring Martinsville race to a Saturday night in the summer and do a triple header weekend like Bristol does in August.

It definitely needs to happen. Hell add the modifieds and do a double header Friday night.

Back