• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

KP Report on the Army Black Knight USMA

In general, any Craw TO is the end of the world to the board but Doral leading the nation in FG% has nothing to do with Craw to most of the internet warriors here.

Now think about JC's efficiency, again, to many on the board, it had little to nothing to do with Craw.

There are two serious factors in the success of our interior that are ravaged on the board - Danny's coaching schemes that create the easy shots and Craw's ability to get them and himself in position to execute the plan.

This goes without saying but you are over-reacting RJ... It is a known fact that it is humorous how many dunks Craw misses - and it is funny because he is otherwise so athletic and so good. We all hope it doesn't come back to bite us one day...

In general, any Craw TO is the end of the world to the board but Doral leading the nation in FG% has nothing to do with Craw to most of the internet warriors here.

Now think about JC's efficiency, again, to many on the board, it had little to nothing to do with Craw.

There are two serious factors in the success of our interior that are ravaged on the board - Danny's coaching schemes that create the easy shots and Craw's ability to get them and himself in position to execute the plan.

I said nothing about any of that. The dude missed a wide open dunk.

He’s the only player I can remember where I worry about him missing a dunk every time he goes up for one.

That’s it and that’s all.

He’s a good (and creative) passer. I guess I could say he turns the ball over more than I’d like, but that’s going to happen when you attempt difficult passes.

This goes without saying but you are over-reacting RJ... It is a known fact that it is humorous how many dunks Craw misses - and it is funny because he is otherwise so athletic and so good. We all hope it doesn't come back to bite us one day...

If I say something, anything, I must be over-reacting.

Got it.

As long he doesn't miss the breakaway dunk against dook.

Right now he's the one guy that can electrify the crowd on his own.

Glad we beat Army and there was no drama at the end. We wore them down and 5 pts trips helped up pull away quickly. As others have said, Tenn will be our first indication if this is real or just pre-ACC fantasy.

I love Crawford, but he is good enough to expect more out of him, and that is what I am still looking for out him as a leader. He is our best player, and if we want to win more than a handful of ACC games, we need him to act like it. You could tell he was about to get the T well before he actually received the just penalty for his mental weakness. He may leave this year to play professional basketball somewhere, but it won't be the NBA in my opinion. I am hopeful that he stays, and really takes the opportunity to shine as a senior with a talented group of wings and big men to support him. He is a great college basketball player. I don't see him in the NBA, and hopefully that doesn't screw him up. He still has a chance to be a WFU legend, and make a ton of money overseas.

Wasn’t able to watch the game. Manning’s not really still doing the four guard thing, is he? Please be joking.

Unfortunately we had 4 guards in when they cut the lead to 5. Not sure why we would ever do that, particularly when Chaundeac was unable to play. Thankfully, the Crawford tech ended that and Wake put Army away.

I am not really a big fan of 3 guard lineups unless one of them plays 6-5. There is no reason ever for Wake to play 4 guards at a time unless someone has an interest in close games against over matched opponents.

Unfortunately we had 4 guards in when they cut the lead to 5. Not sure why we would ever do that, particularly when Chaundeac was unable to play. Thankfully, the Crawford tech ended that and Wake put Army away.

I am not really a big fan of 3 guard lineups unless one of them plays 6-5. There is no reason ever for Wake to play 4 guards at a time unless someone has an interest in close games against over matched opponents.

Yeah, this didn't happen unless you believe 6'8 Melo Eggleston is a guard.

Thompson and Sarr were both in the game when Crawford got his tech, lmao. I cant think of an instance where the 4 guard lineup was used last night.

My bad. I somehow did not realize Eggleston was that big. Thought he was a guard.

I take it back.

Egg is more like 6'7", but he is a SF for sure. I don't really want him at the 4 either, but I understand if Manning goes to him or Brown at the 4 if we are playing a very small opposing team.

I love Crawford, but he is good enough to expect more out of him, and that is what I am still looking for out him as a leader. He is our best player, and if we want to win more than a handful of ACC games, we need him to act like it. You could tell he was about to get the T well before he actually received the just penalty for his mental weakness. He may leave this year to play professional basketball somewhere, but it won't be the NBA in my opinion. I am hopeful that he stays, and really takes the opportunity to shine as a senior with a talented group of wings and big men to support him. He is a great college basketball player. I don't see him in the NBA, and hopefully that doesn't screw him up. He still has a chance to be a WFU legend, and make a ton of money overseas.

I’m so confused by this post. Why would Crawford leave if not to play in the NBA? If Crawford is good enough to expect better of him (I agree) then why don’t you expect him to play in the NBA?

The way I see it, Crawford will either get better enough to make it in the NBA (either this year or next year) or he won’t get better and will have a long career overseas. Either way he’s a great asset to have on the team this year and hopefully next year.

It’s alright to have high expectations for players (and coaches) but that doesn’t mean you should ignore all of the good they are currently doing.

I do wish someone would make a mix tape solely featuring Crawford’s missed dunks. I’ve always said he’s an inch or two on his vertical and a consistent effort on defense away from being a lottery pick.

Egg is more like 6'7", but he is a SF for sure. I don't really want him at the 4 either, but I understand if Manning goes to him or Brown at the 4 if we are playing a very small opposing team.

I am concerned that he can't shoot the ball very well. I think if he can grow a couple more inches then he can be an exceptional garbage man.

I am concerned that he can't shoot the ball very well. I think if he can grow a couple more inches then he can be an exceptional garbage man.

You can teach shooting. You can't teach having a nose for the ball and shotblocking.

Like Jamaal Levy.

I'm not going to get involved in a lengthy discussion on this, but shooting is assuredly a skill (and like most skills can be improved upon to a certain degree). That's why free throw shooting is more complex than merely "practice more."

Like Jamaal Levy.

Levy is probably a good comp, although I would hope Melo has a higher ceiling than Levy.

Averaged 7 PPG and 6 RPG in 125 games, and 10 and 8 as a junior.

Not sure what happened but he regressed as a senior in pretty much every statistical category.

Feel like Melo is more of a middle class man's McClinton. Just a slight upgrade. Don't see his ceiling being too much higher.

Last edited:
Levy is probably a good comp, although I would hope Melo has a higher ceiling than Levy.

Averaged 7 PPG and 6 RPG in 125 games, and 10 and 8 as a junior.

Not sure what happened but he regressed as a senior in pretty much every statistical category.

We will be in a great spot if Melo ends up being as good as Levy. Would be even better if he gave us more on the offensive end but I would take Jamaal Levy on this year’s team (and next) in a heartbeat.

I’m so confused by this post. Why would Crawford leave if not to play in the NBA? If Crawford is good enough to expect better of him (I agree) then why don’t you expect him to play in the NBA?

The way I see it, Crawford will either get better enough to make it in the NBA (either this year or next year) or he won’t get better and will have a long career overseas. Either way he’s a great asset to have on the team this year and hopefully next year.

It’s alright to have high expectations for players (and coaches) but that doesn’t mean you should ignore all of the good they are currently doing.

I do wish someone would make a mix tape solely featuring Crawford’s missed dunks. I’ve always said he’s an inch or two on his vertical and a consistent effort on defense away from being a lottery pick.

May not be rational, but not that uncommon for a solid college player to go pro even if he is unlikely to play in the NBA, at least not right off the bat. Melo Trimble is an example. He went pro after his junior year at MD, and unlike his freshman year, it was the consensus opinion that he would not be drafted. Trimble wasn't drafted, but he is playing in the D League, getting paid and pursuing his NBA dream. Same with Nigel Williams Goss from Gonzaga (a late second round pick now playing in Serbia), and Isiah Briscoe out KY who went undrafted last year. Some college players want to get paid to play basketball even if it means that the NBA is not paying them.

Back