• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Double posts

lol, page 73 of the Judge Moore thread is almost entirely repeat posts.

FWIW, I think it is happening to me in Safari on mobile. My iPhone and my iPad are tending to create repeat posts but not with chrome on my desktop.

So I've got documented cases in Chrome, Safari, and also Firefox (finally happened to me, I'd gotten the "Are you sure you want to leave the page?" prompts but before now choosing "No" had always prevented the double post). Tapatalk, OTOH, has had zero issues for me, which seems to indicate it is just slowness on the client-side somehow. I'm going to try and reach out to our hosting to see if they've made any changes to our dedicated server or see anything abnormal with load/etc, but they're usually pretty slow to respond.

If anyone has experienced a double post using Tapatalk lemme know, because that would blow open that theory.

I ran some VBulletin maintenance scripts last night and again today just before noon, but if it is still happening those didn't seem to do much.

I've enabled some double post protections at least for now that should check for duplicate posts in the last minute and prevent a double post from happening. :pray:

It might make the posting experience a little non-friendly when you encounter the random slowness/double post, but better than the board being littered with double and triple posts IMO. Still gonna dig in on whatever issues are causing the first AJAX POST request to be so slow in the first place.

Nice work, cookout. Everything appears to be in working order, PLUS tweets are showing up immediately after posting now!

Back