Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Double posts

Also seeing a lot of triple posts today. It's worsening!

lol, page 73 of the Judge Moore thread is almost entirely repeat posts.

Scott "Rufio" Feather
    FWIW, I think it is happening to me in Safari on mobile. My iPhone and my iPad are tending to create repeat posts but not with chrome on my desktop.

So I've got documented cases in Chrome, Safari, and also Firefox (finally happened to me, I'd gotten the "Are you sure you want to leave the page?" prompts but before now choosing "No" had always prevented the double post). Tapatalk, OTOH, has had zero issues for me, which seems to indicate it is just slowness on the client-side somehow. I'm going to try and reach out to our hosting to see if they've made any changes to our dedicated server or see anything abnormal with load/etc, but they're usually pretty slow to respond.

If anyone has experienced a double post using Tapatalk lemme know, because that would blow open that theory.

I ran some VBulletin maintenance scripts last night and again today just before noon, but if it is still happening those didn't seem to do much.

Testing something out.

Quote Originally Posted by cookoutdeac View Post
    Testing something out.
    Probably user error.

Testing again.

I've enabled some double post protections at least for now that should check for duplicate posts in the last minute and prevent a double post from happening. ray:

It might make the posting experience a little non-friendly when you encounter the random slowness/double post, but better than the board being littered with double and triple posts IMO. Still gonna dig in on whatever issues are causing the first AJAX POST request to be so slow in the first place.

Haven't had any issues today fwiw

Quote Originally Posted by TownieDeac View Post
    Yeah, I disabled "problematic ajax requests" and then also added the double post protection, it seems to be a bit better now, but we'll see.

Quote Originally Posted by TownieDeac View Post
    I assume you are
    Limiting that statement to double posts on the OGBoards
    Obsessed with RJK since 2005

Quote Originally Posted by marquee moon View Post
    I assume you are
    Limiting that statement to double posts on the OGBoards
    More of this, less Trump slurping please!

Nice work, cookout. Everything appears to be in working order, PLUS tweets are showing up immediately after posting now!