• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Double posts

This is getting a little out of control.

This *is* getting a little out of control.

Welp, I can't reliably reproduce. So if you notice it happening to you feel free to share some information around stuff like:

Browser,
Connection quality (normal internet vs LTE/mobile?),
Tapatalk? or normal forum layout/usage?

I'll try to run some maintenance/cleanup scripts tonight to see if some house cleaning in VBulletin will help, but this kind of seems like it's PEBKAC otherwise.

I don't think it has happened to me, but I have noticed a lag while posting some replies. Perhaps folks are double-clicking during this lull?

I don't think it has happened to me, but I have noticed a lag while posting some replies. Perhaps folks are double-clicking during this lull?

I was thinking something similar. I've had a lag a few times then a "are you sure you want to leave this page?" message that made it seem like the post didn't go through even though it did.

If it helps, I'm in Chrome.

If by PEBKAC you mean user error it's happening repeatably to multiple users. If you just mean it's happening on the client side and is a browser problem, I've only experienced it from Safari on my phone.

If by PEBKAC you mean user error it's happening repeatably to multiple users. If you just mean it's happening on the client side and is a browser problem, I've only experienced it from Safari on my phone.

Happening to multiple users who are probably hitting submit twice because of slowness, I think it is taking that second post/submit button click to do it ultimately. So yes, it is preventable on the user side of things. Not sure if the slowness is something we'd need to address with our provider (it hasn't been a big problem before) or if we'll finally have to look at post archiving to get our DB size down or something (which would be a bummer for searchability).

Nah fam, it's not a double click. I've had the slow page load turn into "This is a duplicate of a post within the last..." message with a single click.

Nah fam, it's not a double click. I've had the slow page load turn into "This is a duplicate of a post within the last..." message with a single click.

I saw it happen once, just like Townie described.

There are like twenty double posts on different forums today. We aren't double clicking.

The key here is that a lot of urban precincts are yet to report (pro-Jones) while most rural precincts have already reported (pro-Moore). Jones has a lot of votes out there that are pretty solidly in his camp where Moore really doesn't.

The key here is that a lot of urban precincts are yet to report (pro-Jones) while most rural precincts have already reported (pro-Moore). Jones has a lot of votes out there that are pretty solidly in his camp where Moore really doesn't.

And while I tried to post that I got the

The following errors occurred with your submission
This forum requires that you wait 20 seconds between posts. Please try again in 18 seconds.

This forum requires that you wait 20 seconds between posts. Please try again in 18 seconds.

Happened to me 3 times tonight.

Yeah this has happened to me. I've also pressed send, tried to navigate away from the page, and get the "reload and risk losing or wait" prompt. Regardless of the option I chose, it seems I get a double post.

Back