• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The Mueller Investigation Is in Mortal Danger

Trump didn't just win the nomination he dominated everybody and has a huge approval rating among Republicans. He is the face of Modern Republicanism. Sounds like some of you want all the power and none of the accountability

You realize that there is deep divide in the republican party already, right?

You have been so twisted by propaganda that you just wrote 41 words that call for labeling half country as "extremists." That's where you are. You just wrote that.

Over 80 percent of Republicans approve of the job that Donald is doing.

I guess all we get on the boards are the 20% that don’t support trump and conservative extremists. More likely though, as has been shown through posting and defense of trump, we have people in denial that they are now run by and support extremists while doing it.

Trump didn't just win the nomination he dominated everybody and has a huge approval rating among Republicans. He is the face of Modern Republicanism. Sounds like some of you want all the power and none of the accountability

Yep. Republicans have been screaming for decades about wanting someone to run government like a business.

#NotAllPubs is not a good look. The Republican party is at best willing to turn a blind eye to extreme ideals with in their own party, at worst made up of extremists, and somewhere in the middle: willing to tolerate extremist ideas in their party (or even exploit them) in order to get enough votes to pass their tax cuts. All of those are appalling. Let me restate, if you donate money to the RNC hereafter, you are ok with supporting candidates that not only probably assault teenage girls, but also think homosexuality should be illegal, certain religions should be barred from public office, slavery was not a bad enough thing to undermine America's greatness, etc. That complicity is on all you Pubs to live with, not on me. Clean up your fucking party if you don't like the label.

If they‘re like me, they voted for not-Trump in the primary and Hillary in the general.

If Hillary had gotten a decent share of Republican votes, she would have won the EC, too.

My younger brother, who unlike me had never voted for a democrat presidential candidate in his life, told me that Trump made him say two things he never thought he would say - I wish Obama was still president. And I voted for Hillary Clinton.

But the reality is an overwhelming percentage of Republicans did vote for Trump and 80%+/- would do so again. Thus, it is logical and fair to say they support his sexual assaults on females and being a pervert in carrying on discussions and ogling naked/half-naked teenage girls.

My younger brother, who unlike me had never voted for a democrat presidential candidate in his life, told me that Trump made him say two things he never thought he would say - I wish Obama was still president. And I voted for Hillary Clinton.

God bless you and your brother. I hope you can restore your party.

This is unbelievable. Conservatives are trying to discredit the FBI and Department of Justice.

Nothing really surprises me about Trump or his supporters anymore. If Trump fires Mueller tomorrow and the Congressional GOP goes along, it wouldn't surprise me. If Trump tried to declare martial law due to some made-up "national emergency" it wouldn't surprise me, nor would I be surprised if the great majority of his supporters enthusiastically went along. If Trump announced that he was forming an armed "National Militia" to be composed of younger Trump supporters to be called the "American Patriots" or some such to support "Real American" values, and harass "illegal" immigrants, "violent" minorities, "radical" liberals, and all other "un-American" types, it wouldn't surprise me (and my guess is there are plenty of young and not-so-young men and women who would eagerly join up.) We've not hit rock bottom yet, but I think we've been digging towards it for awhile, and Trump's election and subsequent administration have put us closer to it than many people wish to think. When you have the percentages of voters we've seen in recent years saying they believe President Obama was born in Africa or is a "secret" Muslim, or who say they support press censorship and waiving Freedom of the Press and Freedom of Speech, or who believe that the Civil War wasn't about slavery, and that Robert E. Lee was a great man who didn't really believe in secession or slavery, when there's plenty of evidence that he supported both, or you've got an entire state of Bible-thumping Southern Baptists who claim to worship "JEEZUS!" and believe in "traditional family values" and hate liberals as sinful perverts, yet they're about to elect a pedophile to the US Senate who was basically told not to come to the local mall because he was preying on teen girls, then yeah, we're getting pretty close to the edge, imo.

Great post. However, we're at the March 2011 80-54 home loss to Tech on the rock bottom timeline. We've got three more years to go. #TrumpOUT

But the reality is an overwhelming percentage of Republicans did vote for Trump and 80%+/- would do so again. Thus, it is logical and fair to say they support his sexual assaults on females and being a pervert in carrying on discussions and ogling naked/half-naked teenage girls.

No it is not. We were given the choice between Trump, a purple candidate, and Hillary, a royal blue candidate. Voting for Trump is not an endorsement of pedophiles. Insinuation of such is repugnant to reasonable individuals

Yep. Republicans have been screaming for decades about wanting someone to run government like a business.

He's basically my ideal candidate, fiscally. I wish the tax plan had been more in his image and much less full of bullshit the rank and file crammed into it.

Socially, I like that he is accepting of gay rights, but I don't like his stance on abortion. Ultimately, I don't really give a shit about social issues, because I believe that legislating morality is misguided at best.

In a vacuum, looking only at Donald's purported stances (giving him the benefit of the doubt that what he said leading up to the election are his actual views and not those that he espoused for the previous 20 years, many of which are in direct contradiction to what he claimed he believed while running) I can understand how Donald is someone's preferred candidate based on policy preferences.

But that's omitting his personality and his off the cuff remarks, which frequently undermine, overshadow, and/or ignore what he claims to believe. What do you make of how he acts and reacts (on twitter, on the campaign trail, during speeches, the whole "fake news" insanity, etc.)? Does this just not phase you since you're looking at it from a policy perspective or is this part of the "ideal" candidate?

No it is not. We were given the choice between Trump, a purple candidate, and Hillary, a royal blue candidate. Voting for Trump is not an endorsement of pedophiles. Insinuation of such is repugnant to reasonable individuals

Lol. More like Trump, a racist abusing idiot, and Hillary, a center left moderate.

Back