• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The Mueller Investigation Is in Mortal Danger

And here's Fox News giving legitimacy to the idea of shutting down the entire FBI and comparing it to the KGB.

You can't make this up.

"President Trump is traveling to Quantico, Va., on Friday to speak with an unlikely audience: the latest graduating class at the Federal Bureau of Investigation's National Academy for law enforcement managers."

https://www.npr.org/2017/12/15/5708...thering-criticism-trump-prepares-to-visit-fbi

And I thought Erskine Bowles sucked.

That's because this is the way Gaetz is used to "investigations" being handled:

"In 2008, Gaetz was arrested for a DUI as he was driving back from the Swamp, a nightclub on Okaloosa Island, Florida, in a 2001 BMW SUV registered to his father. While he was arrested and refused to take a breathalyzer test, "he didn't have his license suspended for a year when he refused the breath test — as Florida law dictates. And he didn't have that refusal used against him in a criminal proceeding." At the time of his arrest and consequent criminal proceedings, his father was serving as a local politician. The attorneys agreed to drop the case, despite the fact that the police reported that "Gaetz fumbled for his license and registration, his eyes were watery and bloodshot, and he swayed and staggered when he got out of the car," and Gaetz cited the dropped charges as proof that he was innocent."

That's because this is the way Gaetz is used to "investigations" being handled:

"In 2008, Gaetz was arrested for a DUI as he was driving back from the Swamp, a nightclub on Okaloosa Island, Florida, in a 2001 BMW SUV registered to his father. While he was arrested and refused to take a breathalyzer test, "he didn't have his license suspended for a year when he refused the breath test — as Florida law dictates. And he didn't have that refusal used against him in a criminal proceeding." At the time of his arrest and consequent criminal proceedings, his father was serving as a local politician. The attorneys agreed to drop the case, despite the fact that the police reported that "Gaetz fumbled for his license and registration, his eyes were watery and bloodshot, and he swayed and staggered when he got out of the car," and Gaetz cited the dropped charges as proof that he was innocent."

Plus he likes to crowdsource his policy from r/TheDonald.

This past Wednesday, a group of Republicans on the House Judiciary Committee presented an amendment calling for an investigation into alleged misconduct on the parts of Hillary Clinton and James Comey. It was a way to frustrate Democrats, but, more than that, it provided an opportunity to publicly discuss their very favorite thing: the many bygone misdeeds of Crooked Hillary. The amendment may sound to some readers like it's been ripped out of a conspiracy forum, because that's exactly what happened.

Sponsored by first-term Representative Matt Gaetz (R-Florida), the amendment itself sought to hijack what began as a resolution from Representative Pramila Jayapal (D-Washington) asking for information about Comey's firing. In response to Jayapal's proposal, Gaetz and a few fellow Republicans on the House Judiciary Committee effectively replaced the Democrats' resolution with one of their own. The new amendment (which you can read in its entirety here) asks for an investigation into things like "the propriety and consequence of immunity deals given to possible Hillary Clinton co-conspirators" and "James B. Comey’s refusal to investigate then-Secretary of State Hillary Clinton regarding" a number of matters, including many of which may have come directly from r/The_Donald.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.wired.com/story/republican-staffer-the-donald-resolution/amp

Idiot conservatives are all in on false equivalencies. The whole party needs a reboot. Old white males are demographically a predominantly toxic voting bloc in 2017. That's something that's actually "SAD !"

Fuck Matt Gaetz. Makes me ashamed of the district I grew up in. Fun fact, though: his family owns this house:

GorgeousCommonAlpineroadguidetigerbeetle-size_restricted.gif

Fuck Matt Gaetz. Makes me ashamed of the district I grew up in. Fun fact, though: his family owns this house:

GorgeousCommonAlpineroadguidetigerbeetle-size_restricted.gif

I've stayed in that house! (sort of -- my grandparents did and we ate thanksgiving dinner there)

Fox News is a cesspool of malignant idiocy.

Pubs have lost their minds and collective moral compass.

Au contraire. They haven't lost their minds. They are doing exactly what the GOP wants them to do. Faux News makes Pravda look fair and balanced. Faux has absolutely interest in telling any truth. Their only mission is to destroy any opposition to the extreme RW of US politics. How they do it is immaterial to them.

The only way to get fired from Faux News is sexual misconduct that costs them money. Lying is expected and part of your job description.

Obviously, Fox News has always been extremely biased since the beginning - the man who founded it, Roger Ailes, wasn't even a journalist, but a GOP PR man who worked for Nixon for a number of years. However, with a handful of exceptions like Chris Wallace and Shepard Smith, the entire network is now worse than ever, and is basically nothing more than a propaganda machine for Trump. If Trump tried to declare martial law and ordered the roundup of his critics, there's no doubt that most of the "reporters" at Fox would gladly play along and even rationalize what was happening. The Trump administration now has its very own Pravda, which, given all the Russian connections to Trump and people in his administration, somehow fits.

For a group of people who love to call mainstream media fake news...they sure as shit watch a lot of fake news on Fox.

For a group of people who love to call mainstream media fake news...they sure as shit watch a lot of fake news on Fox.

The most telling comment I ever heard about Fox came around 2004. An older coworker (he was a Vietnam vet) and I were talking about the Iraq War, and he mentioned that he only watched Fox News, because it was the only network he trusted to tell him the truth. He then looked thoughtful for a minute, and quietly added "or maybe they just tell me what I want to hear." I've always remembered that.

Back