• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Belk Bowl parking

Just to be safe, I am going to park at Carowinds and walk in from there.

I’m unsure why folks don’t understand there are a few different plans in place for folks.

1. People who are coming in a single car and don’t care where they park.
2. People who are coming and walking to their tailgate so they don’t care where they park.
3. People who are part of the tailgate and need to make sure they are with the primary person running It (due to stuff)
4. People who are running It and are expected to be able to make sure multiple cars can get into one lot so the tailgate that others come to and freeload off of can have a good time too.

Obviously if you are 1/2 then you just show up and walk to your tailgate. If you are 3/4 then it requires more planning than just showing up and hoping there are 12 spots at 9 so the tailgate that you are planning doesn’t just fall through because of lack of parking spots.

Nobody is claiming this to be the Super Bowl, but there are legitimate questions as to whether or not 10+ cars can show up at the same time and expect to be together. Hence the thread and why there are multiple questions angles to it.

Looks like there are a lot more spaces on ParkWhiz. I live off of South Blvd near the Dowd YMCA and if you get there early you can get free street parking in the neighborhoods. I know there is a surface lot that is a cash lot on game days right across from my apartment on Lexington ave. It’s probably a 15 minute walk from there. They also have all these grab and go bicycles now that you can use and leave anywhere for $1 a ride now that you could use to get down to the stadium if you parked farther away and didn’t want to walk.

So where are the majority of Wake fans/tailgating parking? I've got a couple different places in mind I've parked before on the west side of 77 but also one on east side and looking at parking whiz, prices are twenty something to fifty some bucks a spot.

As part of a Blogger So Dear fundraiser I'm parking my car outside my Boston apartment. Beginning this Friday night, I will begin walking from my car to Bank of America stadium. Please consider donating to the cause. I guarantee all donations will be spent on beer for my walk down and/or tailgate once I get there.

TLDR: Found my parking spot already.

So where are the majority of Wake fans/tailgating parking? I've got a couple different places in mind I've parked before on the west side of 77 but also one on east side and looking at parking whiz, prices are twenty something to fifty some bucks a spot.

For $40 you have the Deacon Club tailgate at BB&T baseball park starting at 10:00 AM and going to 12:30 PM. Good food & 2 drink tickets. It is right around the corner from Panther Stadium. A lot of us in the Club Level are just going to meet up there and "tailgate" with other Deacon fans since we don't know the weather and have paid a little more for the tickets, I figure I can buy a couple of good Bloody Mary's for the price of that DC tailgate and stay warm & dry. Then we will be right there to watch a great Deacon victory!

For $40 you have the Deacon Club tailgate at BB&T baseball park starting at 10:00 AM and going to 12:30 PM. Good food & 2 drink tickets. It is right around the corner from Panther Stadium. A lot of us in the Club Level are just going to meet up there and "tailgate" with other Deacon fans since we don't know the weather and have paid a little more for the tickets, I figure I can buy a couple of good Bloody Mary's for the price of that DC tailgate and stay warm & dry. Then we will be right there to watch a great Deacon victory!

Just to be safe, I am going to park at Carowinds and walk in from there.

I would definitely park on the South Carolina side of the Carowinds parking lot to ensure you get a spot as the North Carolina side will likely be a madhouse.

But for those more risk averse, there should be some open spots on the Winthrop campus in Rock Hill.

I'm thinking about just Ubering to Unknown Brewing on Mint St.

As part of a Blogger So Dear fundraiser I'm parking my car outside my Boston apartment. Beginning this Friday night, I will begin walking from my car to Bank of America stadium. Please consider donating to the cause. I guarantee all donations will be spent on beer for my walk down and/or tailgate once I get there.

TLDR: Found my parking spot already.

I pledge 2¢

"You do you", but on the last work day of the calendar year in the 2nd largest financial center in the nation and who-knows what kind of weather and with wife and kids in tow and having already spent $600 on tickets, my fanny is going to make sure I have a parking spot waiting for me within a reasonable walk of the stadium.

Agreed. When I talk to most folks at work about going to the bowl game and parking, most folks say it shouldn't be a problem. I mention the fact that it's on a Friday at 1:00 and their attitude changes a little.

Good point, hadn't thought of that.

Looks like pops is taking the light rail if he has the audacity to work that day. His parking spot beckons

Last edited:
I'm taking the whole week off and squatting in a parking lot starting on Wednesday.

Back