• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Good Riddance Steve Bannon

Bannon isn't going anywhere. There's clearly a desire for these types of candidates in the Republican Party. As long as they don't have a history of molesting children. Bannon/Trump/Moore type candidates will win primaries.

Bannon isn't going anywhere. There's clearly a desire for these types of candidates in the Republican Party. As long as they don't have a history of molesting children. Bannon/Trump/Moore type candidates will win primaries.

I agree he will continue to stick around but today's election is about as close to a mortal blow as you can get.

This guy was talking about primarying every incumbent Republican Senator in 2018. And some of those incumbents were thinking about signing on to Bannon's agenda. Now Bannon is toxic. Who loses a Republican Senate seat in Alabama?

The sooner we can remove Bannon's ideology from our politics, the better off our country will be.

Bannon didn't make the dude hit on 14 year olds, and he's not going away.

Bannon didn't make the dude hit on 14 year olds, and he's not going away.

I agree with palma. Bannon and his ilk have an easy out. It will be interesting to see the new narrative in the morning. sailor may give us a preview when he wakes up in a few hours.

Yep. The rubes LOVED Moore, and it shows in the votes. The difference is that the rubes aren’t the majority, even in Alabama. They will just work harder to both get out the rube vote and suppress black votes.

Yep. The rubes LOVED Moore, and it shows in the votes. The difference is that the rubes aren’t the majority, even in Alabama. They will just work harder to both get out the rube vote and suppress black votes.

Oh the Rubes are the majority in Alabama. Shows you that only about 75% of rubes will vote for a child molester.

I agree he will continue to stick around but today's election is about as close to a mortal blow as you can get.

This guy was talking about primarying every incumbent Republican Senator in 2018. And some of those incumbents were thinking about signing on to Bannon's agenda. Now Bannon is toxic. Who loses a Republican Senate seat in Alabama?

The sooner we can remove Bannon's ideology from our politics, the better off our country will be.

I wouldn't write off Bannon just yet. Few trends are permanent in politics. My guess is this setback will simply make him angrier than ever at the GOP Establishment, and even more determined to bring them down. He's still got Breitbart as a media platform to push his views and candidates. There's no doubt this loss hurt him, but I don't think it's a knock out. It may lead GOP incumbents to be less afraid of him or his "outsider" primary challengers next year, but he'll still be around to stir up the Trump/Populist/rube voter base in next year's elections, I'm sure.

I wouldn't write off Bannon just yet. Few trends are permanent in politics. My guess is this setback will simply make him angrier than ever at the GOP Establishment, and even more determined to bring them down. He's still got Breitbart as a media platform to push his views and candidates. There's no doubt this loss hurt him, but I don't think it's a knock out. It may lead GOP incumbents to be less afraid of him or his "outsider" primary challengers next year, but he'll still be around to stir up the Trump/Populist/rube voter base in next year's elections, I'm sure.

LOL. Can't wait for even more destruction of the Republican Party then.

Don't you want to keep Bannon around? He wants to run "his" candidates in AZ, NV and in other states. Bannon blowing up the GOP candidates is a great way to limit Trump's actions.

Don't you want to keep Bannon around? He wants to run "his" candidates in AZ, NV and in other states. Bannon blowing up the GOP candidates is a great way to limit Trump's actions.

Yeah, but as long as they aren't closet child molesters, they are going to get 85-90% of the white vote in a lot of places instead of "just" 65-70% like Moore did. Plus, white turnout will be greater in those areas.

Yeah, but as long as they aren't closet child molesters, they are going to get 85-90% of the white vote in a lot of places instead of "just" 65-70% like Moore did. Plus, white turnout will be greater in those areas.

Back