• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Poor Millenials

I always laugh when Boomers rail on Millenials for Participation trophies when marathons, half-marathons, 10ks, and 5ks all became en vogue in the last 15 years and I see younger boomers getting all their "participation medals."

Not to me...running just to run has always been too boring to do. I could care less about those silly races.

I read that before making my first post on this thread. Why do YOU LIE???

You really should stop blaming others for your problems.

The fact he doesn't believe me is his problem and weakness. Just stating a fact not blaming anyone.

Perfect last line:

"But I think we're entitled to it."

yeah, because it was a joke, you dolt

Not at all a joke. Here's the rest of the paragraph:

"Then there’s our responsibility. We’re used to feeling helpless because for most of our lives we’ve been subject to huge forces beyond our control. But pretty soon, we’ll actually be in charge. And the question, as we age into power, is whether our children will one day write the same article about us. We can let our economic infrastructure keep disintegrating and wait to see if the rising seas get us before our social contract dies. Or we can build an equitable future that reflects our values and our demographics and all the chances we wish we'd had. Maybe that sounds naïve, and maybe it is. But I think we're entitled to it."

Only a whining little biotch like you would consider that a joke. But you always have to blame someone, anyone but yourself.

RE: pricing of homes in Seattle - Seattle is now a major international city. Thirty to forty years ago it was a curious outpost.

Last edited:
If you read it, as you said you did, and your response is "every generation has problems" then you show a complete lack of ability or will to think critically on the topic. It makes you look better if you just said you didn't read it. At least that would explain your moronic response.

"Then there’s our responsibility. We’re used to feeling helpless because for most of our lives we’ve been subject to huge forces beyond our control. But pretty soon, we’ll actually be in charge. And the question, as we age into power, is whether our children will one day write the same article about us. We can let our economic infrastructure keep disintegrating and wait to see if the rising seas get us before our social contract dies. Or we can build an equitable future that reflects our values and our demographics and all the chances we wish we'd had. Maybe that sounds naïve, and maybe it is. But I think we're entitled to it."

Only a whining little biotch like you would consider that a joke. But you always have to blame someone, anyone but yourself.

RE: pricing of homes in Seattle - Seattle is now a major international city. Thirty to forty years ago it was a curious outpost.

That line is a callback to the first section of the article. Which should be fairly obvious to someone who actually read the whole thing, instead of desperately skimming it after being called out for not reading it.

Just as the POS trump is the leader and face of the Republican Party he is also the leader and face of the boomers.

it's a pun. try again

All the bad things that people think about you are totally on you.

nobody had any preconceived notions that a handle named "rjkarl" would suck prior to reading thousands and thousands and thousands of shitty posts that encompassed multiple iterations of this message board

Who else is?

Back