• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

January 2018 road trip to NOLA & back: places to eat in NOLA & along the way!!

dtdf

Reaction score
in your backseat with duct tape stretched out
January 2018 road trip to NOLA & back: places to eat in NOLA & along the way!!

my father-in-law(fil) and i are going on the outlaw country cruise 3 http://www.outlawcountrycruise.com from NOLA the last week in january. if you like or love outlaw country, this lineup is ridiculous and that is a whole other thread. the plan is drive down & back 2 different routes. route going down is south & west from WS to ATL to Montgomery to Mobile to NOLA. route coming back is north & east from NOLA to Meridian to Tuscaloosa to Birmingham to Dega to ATL to WS.

we need highly recommended spots to eat around Port of NOLA, spots to eat on the way down and back, also interesting spots and landmarks to see along the way. anything is welcome as suggestions!! i have this posted on trip advisor as well and need to bttt the thread.

VEaHqUp.gif

Johnny Sanchez in NOLA is amazing.

I’ve stopped through Montgomery once & ate at Midtown Pizza Kitchen. Some of the better pizza I’ve had.

It's not really near the port at all, but you should definitely check out Jacques-Imo's if you're uptown and looking for the best Creole in New Orleans (in my opinion).

I don’t know if it’s still there, but Bates House if Turkey has the best turkey sandwiches ever; it’s in Greenville AL south of Montgomery. Right next to I-65. It’s not bbq but it’s good. My family used to eat there on our way to the beach every year.

Back