• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Bullshit Fox News Says

When did Maria Bartiromo sell her soul? I guess I missed that...

Also...hey Dagen McDowell, feel free to turn in your WFU diploma since you've totally lost the ability to think critically.

I didn't post it here and I am not sure if it was posted by anyone else, but this Carlson segment was at least partly inspired by a Wall Street Journal editorial calling on Dr. Jill Biden to drop "Dr." form her title because a doctor of education is not a real Doctor. Widespread twitter and facebook responses from women academics and with Ph.D.'s condemning the WSJ and Tucker gleefully picks up the narrative.

I didn't post it here and I am not sure if it was posted by anyone else, but this Carlson segment was at least partly inspired by a Wall Street Journal editorial calling on Dr. Jill Biden to drop "Dr." form her title because a doctor of education is not a real Doctor. Widespread twitter and facebook responses from women academics and with Ph.D.'s condemning the WSJ and Tucker gleefully picks up the narrative.

Gotta create another boogey man/straw man to keep the anger and division going for 4 more years. It's the business model.

that is pretty rich talking about Dr. Biden, who has multiple Master's degrees (both earned while working and raising a family (military mom)), as illiterate as he only has a BA in History...talking about useful degrees.

what a hack...

yeah, i read the POS piece..."nobody is a Dr. unless they delivered a baby" is about one of the most stupid and trumpian things I have ever read. So only OBGYNs are Dr. in their eyes?

It was a really bad piece. Poorly written. Unfiltered misogyny. Simply bait to fuel anti-“elite” sentiment.

yeah, i read the POS piece..."nobody is a Dr. unless they delivered a baby" is about one of the most stupid and trumpian things I have ever read. So only OBGYNs are Dr. in their eyes?

I think most MDs have delivered a baby or two during med school so I think they just mean MDs. I’m sure they never refer to pastors as Dr, though.

How small and petty do you have to be to go down that rabbit hole that Carlson did? What the fuck is wrong with him?

Some people are completely insufferable when it comes to making sure you refer to them by their credentials. Even more so when it is making sure everyone knows what their credentials are on email signatures, often when its just random who gives a fuck certificates. With that said Dr. Biden is certainly not one of them and title is appropriate for her degree.

I think most MDs have delivered a baby or two during med school so I think they just mean MDs. I’m sure they never refer to pastors as Dr, though.

I'm a pastor and my colleagues who have their doctorates are never actually called Dr.

I'm a pastor and my colleagues who have their doctorates are never actually called Dr.

If I have to refer to dentists as doctors I have no problem referring to my principal or my pastor as Dr. whatever.

The author of that WSJ piece had this to say in 1970:

Homosexuals are different, moreover, in a way that cuts deeper than other kinds of human differences—religious, class, racial—in a way that is, somehow, more fundamental. Cursed without clear cause, afflicted without apparent cure, they are an affront to our rationality, living evidence of our despair of ever finding a sensible, an explainable, design to the world. One can tolerate homosexuality, a small enough price to be asked to pay for someone else's pain, but accepting it, really accepting it, is another thing altogether. I find I can accept it least of all when I look at my children. There is much my four sons can do in their lives that might cause me anguish, that might outrage me, that might make me ashamed of them and of myself as their father. But nothing they could ever do would make me sadder than if any of them were to become homosexual. For then I should know them condemned to a state of permanent niggerdom among men, their lives, whatever adjustment they might make to their condition, to be lived out as part of the pain of the earth.

He has to do that to get his checks. It’s his whole shtick.

And it has a broader purpose. Shitty rich white guys with unearned privilege like Tucker and that author really want to discourage people who aren’t rich white guys from earning privilege.

Back