• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Bullshit Fox News Says

I think he’s saying not violently opposing Democrats is letting them force you.

I'm sure that's a terrible loss for CNN, the few times I saw him his insights were just so perceptive and valuable, lol. I'm sure that he'll eventually turn up as a new talking head for OAN or Newsmax or Fox and rant about how he is just another poor conservative victim of the Left's "Cancel Culture."

Let’s keep in mind that Santorum got fired for inaccurately bragging about how well his ancestors cancelled Native Americans.

CNN sucks for allowing him to spew garbage on their network for as long as they did. It’s great, even preferable, to have an opposing viewpoint most of the time. But he’s a fucking moron. There are smart conservatives out there who can fill that position. I guess the problem is that the smart ones don’t support trump, so maybe I’m being too harsh.

CNN sucks for allowing him to spew garbage on their network for as long as they did. It’s great, even preferable, to have an opposing viewpoint most of the time. But he’s a fucking moron. There are smart conservatives out there who can fill that position. I guess the problem is that the smart ones don’t support trump, so maybe I’m being too harsh.

Few are as easy on the eyes as Santorum though.

I think you've summed up their problem. They'd need to find Trump surrogates they don't have to live fact check and won't embarrass them. They're probably better off just having smart conservatives as analysts and interviewing Trumpers.

Their problem is there are no Trump supporters that actually deliver facts. If you're constantly supporting Trump, then those people have dis-associated themselves with facts enough they have no issues with lying or at minimum putting out bad faith arguments. There are plenty of intelligent conservatives to discuss legitimate policy type issues, but zero legitimate people to argue on behalf of the Trump wing.

Their problem is there are no Trump supporters that actually deliver facts. If you're constantly supporting Trump, then those people have dis-associated themselves with facts enough they have no issues with lying or at minimum putting out bad faith arguments. There are plenty of intelligent conservatives to discuss legitimate policy type issues, but zero legitimate people to argue on behalf of the Trump wing.

^This. There are conservatives who could provide and discuss traditional conservative policies on taxes, the federal budget, foreign policy, welfare, strict interpretation of the Constitution vs. broad interpretation, and so on. You may disagree with what they say about those policies, but at least they can articulate them and debate them. The problem is that Trumpite Republicans don't really care about any of those things, because they don't really give a damn about policies. It's a movement made up of angry, resentful people who believe that their world and lifestyle and dominant position in society are being taken away from them, and they want it back, and they want their enemies to suffer. Having a Trumpite Republican on your news program is a formula for disaster because they don't care about arguing policies, they just want to troll and will defend Trump no matter what the facts actually are. You might as well bring on pro wrestling commentators, because you'll get about the same level of accuracy and fake outrage.

^This. There are conservatives who could provide and discuss traditional conservative policies on taxes, the federal budget, foreign policy, welfare, strict interpretation of the Constitution vs. broad interpretation, and so on. You may disagree with what they say about those policies, but at least they can articulate them and debate them. The problem is that Trumpite Republicans don't really care about any of those things, because they don't really give a damn about policies. It's a movement made up of angry, resentful people who believe that their world and lifestyle and dominant position in society are being taken away from them, and they want it back, and they want their enemies to suffer. Having a Trumpite Republican on your news program is a formula for disaster because they don't care about arguing policies, they just want to troll and will defend Trump no matter what the facts actually are. You might as well bring on pro wrestling commentators, because you'll get about the same level of accuracy and fake outrage.

I disagree with the first part of this. There may be conservatives out there that actually have a philosophy and core principles that they follow....but they are extremely rare. The GOP claims to care about deficits and spending and small government and the constitution only when it suits them. Since at least GW Bush’s second term the primary focus of the GOP has been owning the Libs and that sentiment overwhelmed the movement in 2010.

Pretty much.

I came to my senses and recognized the accelerating Republican trend towards hazardous degeneracy just about then.

ConnorEl, do you think everyone like you has left the party or are there a few more left?

Hmmmm….interesting question.

I do know a number “like” me who’ve left. Some are now registered Democrats, some Unaffiliated but essentially voting Democratic.

Those remaining aren’t really “like” me, I suppose.

I came to my senses and recognized the accelerating Republican trend towards hazardous degeneracy just about then.

Hmmmm….interesting question.

I do know a number “like” me who’ve left. Some are now registered Democrats, some Unaffiliated but essentially voting Democratic.

Those remaining aren’t really “like” me, I suppose.

correct...I followed pretty much the same path. I was unaffiliated until Trump, who was a know criminal, womanizer and horrible business man prior to his election...but they still put him as their candidate. deplorable and my educated and moral upbringing would not let me meet the Republicans in the gutter.

correct...I followed pretty much the same path. I was unaffiliated until Trump, who was a know criminal, womanizer and horrible business man prior to his election...but they still put him as their candidate. deplorable and my educated and moral upbringing would not let me meet the Republicans in the gutter.

i was a Republican until the W days.

Back