• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Bullshit Fox News Says

Apparently Mike Lindell and Fox News are having a family spat. Who will advertise on Tucker's show now? (After checking, it's Ark Encounter, health supplements like Relief Factor, Qunol, and lots of other Fox shows).

I keep Fox on my rotation but it is endless petty bullshit opinion pieces. Why do they not have any relevant news on their front page…news, not just anti-dem shit. Just tell me what happened…

Fox is News Entertainment.

Just skimming….that’s a good piece on the outsized and destructive role FN has played in our accelerated political polarization and in the dementia whut’s afflicting the right.

As someone who spends a good deal of time in places like the Pentagon, military buildings/bases, and Federal offices in general - the degree to which Fox News dominates every single television is incredible to me. It has to be well over 90% of them outside of the Civilian agencies. It's kind of amazing to be hanging out at the Justice Department and watching a nonstop ticker about how fraudulent and inept the DOJ is. I have a decent amount of friends on the DOD side that legitimately believe Fox News is the only fair and balanced news resource out there, and I'm sure that's in no small part due to it being the default option at every installation they've been stationed.

It'd be interesting to study how those choices get made - I definitely noticed a short-term push towards CNN as a moderate spot between Fox and MSNBC, but there was huge backlash and outcry over CNN being allowed anywhere.

As someone who spends a good deal of time in places like the Pentagon, military buildings/bases, and Federal offices in general - the degree to which Fox News dominates every single television is incredible to me. It has to be well over 90% of them outside of the Civilian agencies. It's kind of amazing to be hanging out at the Justice Department and watching a nonstop ticker about how fraudulent and inept the DOJ is. I have a decent amount of friends on the DOD side that legitimately believe Fox News is the only fair and balanced news resource out there, and I'm sure that's in no small part due to it being the default option at every installation they've been stationed.

It'd be interesting to study how those choices get made - I definitely noticed a short-term push towards CNN as a moderate spot between Fox and MSNBC, but there was huge backlash and outcry over CNN being allowed anywhere.

That's rather disturbing to hear - that many of our federal government employees are apparently loyal Fox viewers who believe their drivel. I wonder how many of these good folks would be willing to support or even participate in a future 1/6 type event. As for why Fox seems to be everywhere, I read an article years ago in which the author noticed how some older men at his gym had this almost emotional or psychological need to turn every TV screen in the gym to Fox News before they left - not just their own TV when they were exercising, but as many screens as they could change without angering other customers. It's like a security blanket to many of these people. And I've heard plenty of people over the years tell me that Fox is the only network that tells the truth, or is reliable, or something similar. There have also been articles written over the years by people who talk about how their parents or grandparents or other relatives behavior changed when Fox News came along - they became angrier and more and more upset much of the time, they got into conspiracy theories when they hadn't really done so before, it became more and more difficult to talk with them about politics and some other subjects, etc. The "Fox News Orphan" is a real thing - isn't there a website or message board devoted to that topic?

Fox News feeds, supports, and legitimizes their white rage.

Not sure why the news has to be on TVs in government buildings. They’re the people who make the news.

Just no shame whatsoever. Spread covid misinformation and lies among your viewing base, encourage anti-mask, anti-vaxx positions that harm your viewing base - and then blame the surge in covid cases (mostly in red states and rural areas) on liberals, Democrats, and immigrants. And their base will buy it, because it's what they want to believe and they hate Democrats and liberals and immigrants and so it's easy to blame them for everything that goes wrong in the country. What a world we're living in right now.

That was the plan all along. Blame Biden for their personal failings.

Trumpublicans love to own stuff... the libs, all the stocks, privilege, police, people...

They could have avoided that with some simple research. But that’s the cost asking gotcha questions instead of asking informed questions to inform viewers.

Back