• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Bullshit Fox News Says

It has been pointed out that if Fox News existed back during Watergate it's very unlikely that Nixon would ever have been forced to resign and he would have finished out his term and basically got away with it. A sobering thought.

It took them several years to turn on Nixon and it wasn’t even that many of them. He also spared them from having to vote to impeach him.

I see all this talk about taking it easy on Trump because there could be widespread violence.

This country doesn’t take it easy on any other group because of the threat of widespread violence. Nope. This country just responds with more violence.

I see all this talk about taking it easy on Trump because there could be widespread violence.

This country doesn’t take it easy on any other group because of the threat of widespread violence. Nope. This country just responds with more violence.

I think you just cut off Fox News from all the major cable/TV providers and deal with the fallout. From my limited watching of them you just can't let them exist anymore.

I'm really curious as to what the rank and file FBI agent, who's probably strongly conservative deals with the right wing machine weaponized agains them is handling this

I'm really curious as to what the rank and file FBI agent, who's probably strongly conservative deals with the right wing machine weaponized agains them is handling this

You'd be surprised how many of them just eat up the "we're not talking about you, we're talking about leadership and bureaucrats" stuff. Same with CIA folks. Even if Trump personally were to leak agent identities leading to violence against them they would assume those agents were corrupt and Trump was in the right. I work with them every day, it's unbelievable. It's even smart people who genuinely love this country. It's just about impossible for me to wrap my head around it.

You'd be surprised how many of them just eat up the "we're not talking about you, we're talking about leadership and bureaucrats" stuff. Same with CIA folks. Even if Trump personally were to leak agent identities leading to violence against them they would assume those agents were corrupt and Trump was in the right. I work with them every day, it's unbelievable. It's even smart people who genuinely love this country. It's just about impossible for me to wrap my head around it.

I think the FBI agents are pretty pissed that they now have increased security at their offices and are under threat of getting shot coming and going, but that's just what I am hearing.

I think you just cut off Fox News from all the major cable/TV providers and deal with the fallout. From my limited watching of them you just can't let them exist anymore.

This. 100%. It's literally warping people's minds. It's far beyond reporting actual news. Trump would not have existed without FoxNews support.

I think the FBI agents are pretty pissed that they now have increased security at their offices and are under threat of getting shot coming and going, but that's just what I am hearing.

But who are they pissed at? The Trumpers for threatening them or the higher ups for adding security?

But who are they pissed at? The Trumpers for threatening them or the higher ups for adding security?

The Trumpers. I know many FBI and Homeland guys who are conservative, but they do have a pretty us vs the world mentality, so when someone makes their life more difficult by putting out their names and addresses in public or saying they are deep state, they get pretty pissed.

They want the credit (that sweet sweet pillow cash) for fox news but they don't want the credit (accountability for their lies and deception).

This. 100%. It's literally warping people's minds. It's far beyond reporting actual news. Trump would not have existed without FoxNews support.

There's a lot of reasons for why we're in this current crisis, but there's little doubt that Fox News/Business ranks near the top. The percentage of over-50 whites in rural areas who are addicted to it is probably staggering. It's not a news network, it was founded - by non-journalist Roger Ailes, a GOP/Nixon PR man - to be a Republican propaganda network from the beginning. Having said that, I'm sure that if anyone tried to do something about them they would scream "freedom of the press!" and "freedom of speech!" incessantly. I also wonder how how all of their viewers/addicts would handle having Fox News suddenly cut out of their life - it would likely be similar to cutting off any other serious addiction. Not that it wouldn't be worthwhile for our society and politics, but I doubt the government will have the guts to touch them anytime soon, including Democrats.

Last edited:
Back