• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Bullshit Fox News Says

Hillary Clinton was the only rational choice in November of 2016. Casting a vote for any other candidate was irrational at best. To still be railing about Clinton and the Clinton Foundation is delusional.

Decades, eh? When did CNN actually become the "Clinton News Network"? Was it was the "(Bill) Clinton News Network" before it became the "(Hillary) Clinton News Network"

Yes, "Clinton News Network" was originally used as a reference to Bill Clinton. I did some googling to see if I could figure out where it started, looks like it was a Tom DeLay favorite.

I know you weren't looking for a serious answer but

giphy.gif

Plus it seems worth pointing out that none of this is new. (Except the tweeting.)

I've disliked Hillary since the moment she appeared on the national scene. At that time there was no narrative to buy, except for the lefty media's phoney fawning over her. Nothing has happened to convince me otherwise since.

This is further demonstration of your foolishness and unreasonable point of view. The above sentence sounds like something someone would say about a musician or actor, or maybe a food you were served. That is some HoneyBooBoo thinking. You're part of the problem, you're unqualified to speak on these matters if you say some dumbass shit like that. You are a laughingstock.

Yes, "Clinton News Network" was originally used as a reference to Bill Clinton. I did some googling to see if I could figure out where it started, looks like it was a Tom DeLay favorite.

I know you weren't looking for a serious answer but

Plus it seems worth pointing out that none of this is new. (Except the tweeting.)

This is great, thank you.

This is further demonstration of your foolishness and unreasonable point of view. The above sentence sounds like something someone would say about a musician or actor, or maybe a food you were served. That is some HoneyBooBoo thinking. You're part of the problem, you're unqualified to speak on these matters if you say some dumbass shit like that. You are a laughingstock.

He just hated her stupid face, ok? What don’t you get about that?

Baltic translations for Fox TV undergo Russian censorship

According to a letter to the translators of Fox programs which has been obtained by LETA, the translators have to follow Russian subtitling guidelines requiring glossing over or “softening content” concerning accidents, homosexual relationships, “anti-Russian propaganda”, narcotics, extremist activities and suicides.

For instance, the translators are instructed to “soften” all negative language about the Russian military and space program, policies of the Russian president and government, while positive texts about same-sex relationships have to be made more generalized so they could be attributed to relationships of any kind.

Authors of the letter admit that such an approach to translation cannot be consider good practice but that Fox content comes to the Baltic states through Russia which is why the subtitles have to be in line with the Russian law.

“Of course, such softening of language can be seen as controversial and may not be in line with the common practice, but it is required by law,” the letter to the translators says.

Sille Russ, Fox Marketing and PR Manager for the Baltics, could not be contacted for comment on the translation guidelines.

https://eng.lsm.lv/article/society/...or-fox-tv-undergo-russian-censorship.a275385/

Fox loves attacking other media networks, especially CNN and MSNBC, and they do so on a regular basis. It feeds into the whole "librul news media" out to get Trump theme, and convincing the rubes that only Fox is looking out for their hero's interests. Given how Fox covers the news it's massively hypocritical, of course, but they don't care.

Last edited:
I don't get what is so hard about admitting a news source is bias. CNN is bias. There. I said it. Yet those who watch Fox News swear that it's the only truth. It's really creepy.

I don't get what is so hard about admitting a news source is bias. CNN is bias. There. I said it. Yet those who watch Fox News swear that it's the only truth. It's really creepy.

Reality has a liberal bias.

I don't watch CNN--in what direction are they biased?

I used to think they were slightly left leaning, then they seemed to tack right--maybe under Obama? Then I quit watching.

Are they just sort of "anti-Trump"? Or what?

I used to think they were slightly left leaning, then they seemed to tack right--maybe under Obama? Then I quit watching.

From what little I watch, they throw a bunch of crappy people on TV and see what sticks.

I don't watch it much either, so take this with a grain of salt, but I think Trump antagonizing them single-handedly made them more relevant than they have been in years, so they have embraced it. Plus, they've targeted low hanging fruit for a while, and Trump supplies an abundance of low hanging fruit.

From what little I watch, they throw a bunch of crappy people on TV and see what sticks.

CNN started crossfire back in the 90s, I think, and that show ruined cable news. Also Wolf Blitzer is and always has been awful. Just listen to NPR.

Fox loves promoting the "War on Christmas" and "War on Christians", here's the latest version from today's website:

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2018/04/21/how-long-will-be-allowed-to-remain-christian.html

This guy hits all the right Fox talking points. A few snippets: "Here in the United States, Christians and Christianity are mocked, belittled, smeared and attacked by some on a daily basis. This is a bigoted practice that is not only increasing exponentially, but is being encouraged and sanctioned by a number on the left.

Too many of those who worship at the altar of political correctness have deemed that Christianity should no longer be respected. Rather, they assail it on a regular basis in a coordinated campaign to weaken the faith and its base.

In college, they now teach about the evils of “Christian Privilege.” On Broadway and in theaters around the world, mocking Christians has become a massively profitable money-making venture...In a nation that is still majority Christian, those who follow the faith have been litigated or brow-beaten into being fearful to utter the words “Merry Christmas,” or to display a Nativity scene celebrating the one and only reason there is a Christmas Day."

Here's the kicker - what Fox is really trying to convince its readers of in articles like these: "If you are a practicing Christian in the United States and open about it, you, your congregation and your organization will become a target of some sort. It is only a matter of time...Will Christian children eventually be forced to renounce or deny their faith in order to get a job and provide for their families?"

I also love the complete lack of self-awareness in this line: "The prevailing view in much of the media is that Christianity is aligned with Republicans, conservatives, or the views of President Trump – and therefore must be diminished and made suspect." Gee, I wonder why not only the media, but vast numbers of non-Evangelical Christians, would think that Evangelicals are playing politics and have become little more than an arm of the GOP. Maybe it's all those tweets from Franklin Graham, Jerry Falwell, Jr. and others defending Trump, or the polls showing Evangelicals giving record-high support to a guy like Trump. Nah, that couldn't be it - it's just librul elitist oppression and persecution!

The reason some Christians and Christian groups have faced criticism (lol at "mocked, belittled, smeared and attacked (also, whatever happened to the Oxford comma?)) is because of their blatant hypocrisy in how they choose to practice their faith. Those "Christians" that have faced criticism are generally right-wing extremist groups masquerading as Christians.

Christians who actually practice the faith as it was written in the New Testament are, in my experience, open-minded and objective when it comes to social politics. They are not xenophobic, homophobic, anti-choice, anti-immigrant or any of the traditional conservative ideology staples.

Getting called out on hypocrisy ≠ mocked, belittled, smeared, etc.

Back