• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Bullshit Fox News Says

Fox has been attacking California for the past few months; it's one of their running talking points. They describe California as a hellhole made so by "far-left liberals" who have run the state into the ground, and they repeatedly attack Jerry Brown, sanctuary cities, the Hollywood elite who fund liberals, and so on. They also love to write or talk about a growing "rebellion" of good, god-fearin', nearly all-white Californians who are organizing to take back their state from the loony left libs, and they have stories on conservative Californians who have given up on the state and moved to a greatly superior red state (usually Texas) and found a free enterprise, "Real American" paradise. The gist of all these stories is to frighten red state conservatives into believing that, if they vote for Democrats in their state, they'll wind up just like California.

Anyway, I was amused to read today's California-themed story on Fox - it's about how California is ripe for a devastating earthquake. Of course, everyone knows that California is built on hundreds of earthquake faults, but I seriously doubt that Fox just included this story out of scientific curiosity. Maybe Fox and conservatives can't turn California from blue to red, but just hang in there - maybe they'll get lucky and the entire state will just fall into the Pacific! Link: http://www.foxnews.com/science/2018/04/22/california-fault-line-is-tectonic-time-bomb-for-disastrous-earthquake-researchers-say.html

Yes. They do live in that universe. It’s called a Republican administration.

Do people refer to any LLC as a shell company? That's what you create whenever you buy real estate for liability reasons.

Hmm sounds like someone has been sucking from the government's teet.

The Georgia mortgages supported by Hud were guaranteed as part of a program aimed at protecting investors such as Hannity who buy rental apartment buildings. The government promises to cover losses if borrowers default on their mortgages. Borrowers pay an insurance premium to Hud in return. Bigger loan guarantees are available if the building houses low-income families.

https://amp.theguardian.com/media/2...tate-ben-carson-hud?__twitter_impression=true

Very happy to hear my tax dollars are used to cover Sean Hannity's financial risk in his burgeoning housing empire and Ben Carson's $50,000 dining room table set. Not to mention Pruitt's cell phone chamber, Price's private military flights and Donnie's fucking greens fees.

The taxpayer is getting robbed blind by these asshats.

Last edited:
This is also interesting.

In footage unearthed this week that was broadcast on Fox News in January last year, Hannity mentioned having discussed an unidentified $2bn property venture in Dubai with Cohen.

“I said, ‘I’m interested in that deal myself,’” said Hannity.

Privatize the gains, socialize the losses.

Meh, on the list of egregious corporate welfare taxpayer giveaways to rich people, HUD-backed multifamily loans are pretty low. You have to jump through a bunch of hoops to get them and they are not available to just any kind of investment. The government isn't actually paying out any money unless the borrower goes belly up and the HUD guarantee gets called in, although the presence of the HUD guarantee definitely results in the loan either being available when it otherwise wouldn't be, or being available at a lower interest rate/better terms. I don't know the stats on how often HUD multifamily loans default but I don't think it's too common. Googling didn't help.

I will save my outrage on this one, although the rampant hypocrisy in Hannity and his ilk is duly noted.

I SWEAR I wasn't watching it, but someone alerted me that WFU got a mention on Tucker tonight for grade inflation. Something about median GPA in 88 vs today. I'm sure he gave this the proper statistical analysis to come to the conclusion that it was due to inflation.

No links, other than a text I received.

Here it is. Since beginning time marks don't work for embedded videos here, I'll give you the choice of a link that takes you directly to where Carlson talks about Wake, which is this:

https://youtu.be/ZBqmmGEQTng?t=3m31s

Or here's the whole video and go to the 3:30 mark.

In 88 we had to WORK for that GPA, believe it.

Nothing in that video struck me as particularly wrong (though Dean's list at wake when i was there only a decade ago was 3.0... so i have a hard time believing the average today is 3.4).

And Tucker is probably right at the end when he asks how many Americans should really go to liberal arts schools. The answer is certainly not everyone or even most people.

He's definitely wrong that teachers aren't teaching though.

Well, there were ~565 people in the class of 2017 that graduated with a GPA of 3.4 or better (these are all the students who graduated cum laude or better). The total class was probably ~1200. So, yeah, doesn't seem completely infeasible that the average would round to 3.4.

It looks like there are almost 2x as many summa cum laude graduates compared to 2012.

ETA: 2735 students made the Dean's List in Fall of 2017. So that's better than 50%.

Last edited:
Back