Page 20 of 168 FirstFirst ... 1015161718192021222324253070120 ... LastLast
Results 381 to 400 of 3343

Thread: Bullshit Fox News Says

  1. #381
    PM a mod to cement your internet status forever
    PhDeac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    119,786
    And you know why he said that? Because that's exactly what Republicans would do if Hillary was in power. Difference is Trump actually did stuff worth investigating.

  2. #382
    Once again though, it's beyond me that people still fight this investigation. Even with the Hillary emails, I was ok with the investigation for a while. Then when they couldn't get anything, it just got old. This is exponentially more complicated, and magnitudes more serious and people are still wondering why it's happening.

    I just can't imagine if Hillary was president and under investigation for some shady trade deal or something, that I'd be thinking "Who? Hillary Clinton?!?!? That just doesn't seem like something she would do." More likely I'd be thinking "Man, it really sucks that we ended up with a candidate with such a politically charged history. This sort of thing was bound to happen." Yet Trump supporters seem to be miffed as to where all of this is coming from.
    Last edited by Demonwolverine; 05-03-2018 at 04:25 PM.

  3. #383
    PM a mod to cement your internet status forever
    PhDeac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    119,786
    I made this point last week and the more I think about it, it has to be the case. A large portion of Trump’s support knew very little about him before The Apprentice. They think of him as a tough boss not the quintessential crooked New Yorker.

  4. #384
    I disagree with you
    ImTheCaptain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    45,917
    Quote Originally Posted by PhDeac View Post
    I made this point last week and the more I think about it, it has to be the case. A large portion of Trump’s support knew very little about him before The Apprentice. They think of him as a tough boss not the quintessential crooked New Yorker.
    i think the atlantic had a column saying precisely this as well a week or so ago

  5. #385
    Quote Originally Posted by WFU Lurker View Post
    Well, there were ~565 people in the class of 2017 that graduated with a GPA of 3.4 or better (these are all the students who graduated cum laude or better). The total class was probably ~1200. So, yeah, doesn't seem completely infeasible that the average would round to 3.4.

    It looks like there are almost 2x as many summa cum laude graduates compared to 2012.

    ETA: 2735 students made the Dean's List in Fall of 2017. So that's better than 50%.
    Thanks for the stats. Fucking grade inflation! Back in my day, we had to EARN our B-.

  6. #386

  7. #387
    https://www.thedailybeast.com/fox-ne...age&source=TDB

    Appearing Thursday morning on the Fox Business Network, retired Air Force Lt. Gen. Thomas McInerney took an ugly swipe at McCain for his opposition to torture, telling Varney & Co. host Charles Payne: “The fact is, is John McCain—it worked on John. That’s why they call him ‘Songbird John.’”

    “The fact is those methods can work, and they are effective, as former Vice President Cheney said,” McInerney continued, in a clip first spotted by Media Matters. “And if we have to use them to save a million American lives, we will do whatever we have to.”

    Contrary to McInerney’s claim, however, there is no evidence McCain ever gave up accurate information while being tortured in North Vietnam. In fact, the senator wrote in one of his books, “Pressed for more useful information, I gave the names of the Green Bay Packers’ offensive line, and said they were members of my squadron.”

  8. #388
    Great thread.


  9. #389
    PM a mod to cement your internet status forever
    PhDeac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    119,786
    Quote Originally Posted by Newenglanddeac View Post
    Great thread.

    There is some great stuff in there. We actually had a thread here about parents who were lost to Fox News.

    I definitely think Fox News deliberately syncs with the cognitive declines and generational differences older generations experience.

    This was the best comment. The mission of Fox News is clear.


  10. #390
    Someone at Fox News has a soul:


  11. #391
    Quote Originally Posted by DeacHead View Post
    Someone at Fox News has a soul:

    Is this in reference to the White House officials comment about McCains opinion not mattering because "he is about to die"?

    It's amazing how the GOP has turned into a party of mean-spirited assholes.

  12. #392
    Banhammer'd
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    HB, CA
    Posts
    78,116
    Or was it about the asshole who said McCain was known as Songbird John?

    Lots of Trumpees to choose from here.

  13. #393
    I think it was due to the songbird BS.

  14. #394

  15. #395
    Oh that's right. There were multiple dickish comments about a dying patriot who devoted his entire life to serving the country.

    To members of my former party: don't ever try to claim patriotic superiority over other groups of people in the US. You have lost all of your credibility to claim the moral high ground on this subject. All of it.

  16. #396
    Quote Originally Posted by Newenglanddeac View Post
    Oh that's right. There were multiple dickish comments about a dying patriot who devoted his entire life to serving the country.

    To members of my former party: don't ever try to claim patriotic superiority over other groups of people in the US. You have lost all of your credibility to claim the moral high ground on this subject. All of it.
    They lost it a long time ago. At least when they outed Wilson's Wife. Big Time.

  17. #397
    Pretty sure deifying your leader is the final step in "Ten ways to tell if your leader is an autocrat" handbook.


  18. #398
    That little blonde piece of ass said that this country wasn’t built by non English-speaking immigrant workers today lol

  19. #399
    PM a mod to cement your internet status forever
    PhDeac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    119,786
    Quote Originally Posted by WakeandBake View Post
    That little blonde piece of ass said that this country wasn’t built by non English-speaking immigrant workers today lol
    How did conservatives get so detached from basic history?

  20. #400
    Quote Originally Posted by PhDeac View Post
    How did conservatives get so detached from basic history?
    Because they hate education

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •