• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Bullshit Fox News Says

I was just coming here to post that:

Pretty sure Tim Tebow was the only Christian ever to play in the NFL.

I remember when Fox News loved the Eagles.

Choose faith over fear and you can win -- life lessons from the Super Bowl

The Eagles are well known for their spiritual foundation. It begins with their head coach, Doug Pederson, who first gave thanks to Jesus Christ before any other recognition after the victory. Their Offensive Coordinator Frank Reich, who I know and write about in my new book, once worked at a seminary before going into coaching.

Both the Eagles injured starting quarterback Carson Wentz and their backup Nick Foles, the Super Bowl MVP, are strong Christians. Foles wants to be a pastor when his NFL career is over. And there are many other players who are believers. Some have even been baptized this season.

Super Bowl MVP Nick Foles gives America a game plan for life

But the most amazing thing about Foles’ night may have been his post-game interviews. In the immediate moments after the game, surrounded by dozens of reporters and cameras, this unheralded and until-recently-backup quarterback had the world’s attention.

And in that moment—as he stood front and center on the international stage—he decided to draw attention to God instead of himself, articulating a “game plan for life” to anybody who would listen.

Pro football talk is an interesting site. Good info, followed by some of the dumbest knuckle dragging commenters on the internet.

Fox News apologized and deleted the tweet:

You’d think Fox News could have contacted someone in the Fox Sports division.

At some point, the Fox corporate overlords need to jump in and remind Fox News, “Hey, we make a lot of money off the NFL. Don’t ruin this for everybody.”

Laura Ingraham: "Bratty players" in the NFL are using racial issues to "disrespect the country"

Laura Ingraham said:
Canceling the Philadelphia Eagles visit, well, what it does -- on the positive side is it does remind everybody that there is a contingent of people who are caught up in the celebutainment sports world who really don't share a lot in common with he average American, even if they came from modest means.

It's not about bowing down to the president. He doesn't want you to disrespect the country, the flag, the anthem, which is what these bratty players are doing, using the excuse of Black Lives Matter or some other issue that they probably haven't even read up on. They just repeat whatever Colin Kaepernick says on any given day. And they think they're a member of a cool club by doing this. It's ridiculous.

Philadelphia Eagle Malcolm Jenkins Jumping Into DA's Races Across US

Ingraham relies on people just repeating her every day without reading on their own.

What a load of crap. Of course it's about forcing the players to "bow down to President Trump" - that's what feeds Trump's ego and thrills his supporters. As photos and video clips have made clear, Trump himself doesn't seem to respect the anthem at least part of the time, so it is hardly an issue that he really seems to care about. As an aside, the new GOP/Fox News talking point seems to be to make all conservatives into "Normal Americans", and all liberals, by comparison, into un-American or anti-Americans. Newt Gingrich was on one of the Sunday morning roundtable talk shows, and he used the word "Normals" or "Normal Americans" a few times, and I wish one of the other panelists had directly asked him what, precisely, he meant by that, and were liberals included in that definition. I'm hearing more and more right-wing talking heads using the term "Normal Americans" or "Normals" recently, and it's clear that, by implication, they mean that liberals are not "normal", whatever that is supposed to mean.

Back