• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Bullshit Fox News Says

To be fair, the right's argument all along has been that a shift from 2 parent households to 1 is the root of all the evil in the US. This is on us for extending that principle to encompass going from 1 to 0 parents. It would be tough out there for a kid who has no parents and spent formative years in a cell. They'd probably have serious abandonment issues and be looking to join any clique or gang that would take them in...

And that's how you get a self fulfilling prophecy, my friends. We buy all the drugs, lock those seeking asylum in cages, then have the audacity to blame them for our violence.

America only simply does not work.

Last edited:
To be fair, the right's argument all along has been that a shift from 2 parent households to 1 is the root of all the evil in the US. This is on us for extending that principle to encompass going from 1 to 0 parents. It would be tough out there for a kid who has no parents and spent formative years in a cell. They'd probably have serious abandonment issues and be looking to join any clique or gang that would take them in...

And that's how you get a self fulfilling prophecy, my friends. We buy all the drugs, lock those seeking asylum in cages, then have the audacity to blame them for our violence.

Without any doubt, they will have serious psychological and physical issues. There is a significant amount of research on the subject.

If Trump was filmed walking into one of the detention centers and shooting a child in the head, I have no doubt that most Fox programs, from Hannity to Carlson to Ingraham and Fox & Friends, would find some way to excuse it and even praise Trump. "Well, this poor child was suffering so much, that Trump just decided to put them out of their misery and end their suffering. What a compassionate man he is!" Or, they would deflect and somehow blame the Democrats. "If Obama hadn't agreed to start detention camps, then our President wouldn't have been forced to kill this small, suffering child...if only the Democrats hadn't nominated that witch Hillary, then Trump wouldn't have been elected, and so he wouldn't have been in a position to shoot a child. It's all the Democrat's fault for nominating Hillary that this poor child was killed."

My favorite part was the imaginary black people.

And in case anyone is wondering, that is Rachel from the Real World San Francisco. Gonna need a comment from Say Hey.

I am trying to deconstruct why this particular Fox News clip bothers me so much. I am just swirling through multiple layers of 1) the logical fallacies/whataboutism, 2) the overt racism, 3) the lack of awareness about the racism, 4) the fake earnestness of leading with "gosh", 5) the minimization of the real problem, 6) the loyalty to a clearly corrupt POS leader...and then I start back in on #1 again and now I need a drink.

My favorite part was the imaginary black people.

And in case anyone is wondering, that is Rachel from the Real World San Francisco. Gonna need a comment from Say Hey.

Whoa! Like, season two of the real world with Pedro the HIV positive gay rights activist and Puck?

I am trying to deconstruct why this particular Fox News clip bothers me so much. I am just swirling through multiple layers of 1) the logical fallacies/whataboutism, 2) the overt racism, 3) the lack of awareness about the racism, 4) the fake earnestness of leading with "gosh", 5) the minimization of the real problem, 6) the loyalty to a clearly corrupt POS leader...and then I start back in on #1 again and now I need a drink.

The original comment was not intelligent, and I would assume was said jokingly. To then quote it on national television thinking that it drives home some point is just idiotic. It's like someone complaining that prisoners get food and shelter for free. Not only that, it would be a prisoner whose only crime was attempting to leave a really REALLY bad neighborhood and make a better life for themselves.

Last edited:
Whoa! Like, season two of the real world with Pedro the HIV positive gay rights activist and Puck?

Yup, married to Real World Boston alum Sean, who is now a congressman:

Yup, married to Real World Boston alum Sean, who is now a congressman:

I gotta admit, as a junior in high school I thought she was pretty hot, but also super annoying.

I gotta admit, as a junior in high school I thought she was pretty hot, but also super annoying.

We are about the same age and I agree. She’s firmly on the Vicky Mendoza line.

I seem to remember Rachel being a pretty awful person with some pretty racist views who just got overshadowed by pucks snot rockets and putting his finger in the group peanut butter jar. I haven’t watched any of that mtv stuff in years but I was all about the real world when I was in my early 20’s.

So this happened.

By someone arguing why we shouldn't think Republicans are racist...

Back