• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Bullshit Fox News Says

Prediction: in 2021, when the deficit is somewhere around $1.5T and a new Democratic President is sworn in, it will be his or her fault.

Prediction: in 2021, when the deficit is somewhere around $1.5T and a new Democratic President is sworn in, it will be his or her fault.

Given that many right-wingers already blame Democrats for their support for Trump, I'm sure they will easily shift to blaming Democrats for anything that goes wrong during his presidency.

bkf, there are two statements you stood by for a long time that were really beyond your abrupt change in policy preferences that I wonder if you've changed your tune on, i.e. they are more global thoughts on politics in general than true liberal/conservative beliefs. Paraphrasing here but:

1. Political discourse has shifted so far right that when moderates used to be at midfield they are now at the 30 yard line headed towards the conservatives' endzone. Basically that conservatives have gradually moved the entire discussion right over the last 40 years (I believe you used to cite Reagan and rise of wall street LBOs etc.)
2. Gerrymandering was a huge problem as the democratic candidate was collectively getting maybe 55% of the votes but would end up with say 40-45% of the congressional seats for a certain state.

My guess is that you used to be vehemently opposed to the electoral college and now at least standby it because it's in the constitution but I'll let you confirm that suspicion.

Bump- genuinely curious about this bkf

Bump- genuinely curious about this bkf

Following the posts on these boards gradually convinced me that I had been wrong in many of my earlier positions. Seeing the naïve positions of many of the millennials on the boards was like looking at myself in a mirror from years ago....and I said to myself "How in the world could I have taken those positions?" I credit jhmd more than anyone else for bringing me to my senses...and have told him how eternally grateful I was to have been able to read his posts on these boards.

Still, there were 4 things in particular that were the "straws that broke the camel's back" in finally convincing me that I had been wrong and needed to make a change:

1) PC
2) BLM
3) HB2
4) Hillary Clinton

Posted by probably the only millennial (and just barely) on this board. bkf continues to celebrate his ignorance like a badge of honor.

1. People don't have carte blanche to be assholes
2. Civil Rights
3. Civil Rights
4. Meh

I was just about to post the same thing. I'm pretty confused as to how anyone who dislikes those first 3 things could ever have been liberal.

Also, how often do any of those 3 things personally affect your day to day, other than when you seek out stories about them on the internet?

Following the posts on these boards gradually convinced me that I had been wrong in many of my earlier positions. Seeing the naïve positions of many of the millennials on the boards was like looking at myself in a mirror from years ago....and I said to myself "How in the world could I have taken those positions?" I credit jhmd more than anyone else for bringing me to my senses...and have told him how eternally grateful I was to have been able to read his posts on these boards.

Still, there were 4 things in particular that were the "straws that broke the camel's back" in finally convincing me that I had been wrong and needed to make a change:

1) PC
2) BLM
3) HB2
4) Hillary Clinton

what is your position on CEOs earning more than $1 million in compensation?

what is your position on CEOs earning more than $1 million in compensation?

I'm OK with that now. Still think there can be indefensible excess in many cases, but no longer have a rigid number on it. That was one of my "naïve" positions.

Bud was an idiot when he was a raging leftist loon and nothing has changed based on his 180 on his worldview.

Last edited:
well, at least we have incontrovertible evidence that a message board can change minds

Man, Bud -- how sad it must be that your whole life up until a year and a half ago was a lie! That's really depressing.

well, at least we have incontrovertible evidence that a message board can change minds

Yep. Has it happened to anyone other than me, though?

Don't know if the boards alone could have done it, though, without those 4 things I mentioned.

1) PC
2) BLM
3) HB2
4) Hillary Clinton

So are you totally cool with gerrymandering now? Quick math shows R’s got 53% of house votes and D’s got 47% but the representation is 10-3. That was something that drove you crazy before. Now, no biggie?

Man, Bud -- how sad it must be that your whole life up until a year and a half ago was a lie! That's really depressing.

Well, times change. Supporting civil rights in the 1960s is a far different thing than coddling criminals and yelling racism is the cause of every problem for black people in 2018....for one example.

Supporting liberal causes didn't always include insisting that any man or woman could use any bathroom they wished. Back in the old days, even liberals thought that men & boys should use the male bathroom and that women & girls should use the female restroom.

Back then, even liberals didn't get completely bent out of shape over the use of harmless language. We weren't a nation of snowflakes in those days.

In earlier days, even liberals realized that people had personal responsibilities that affected their quality of life and didn't believe that everything that went wrong in a person's life was someone else's fault.

In short, liberalism ain't what it used to be !!!

So are you totally cool with gerrymandering now? Quick math shows R’s got 53% of house votes and D’s got 47% but the representation is 10-3. That was something that drove you crazy before. Now, no biggie?

The most important thing...considering what today's Liberals want to do to this country now...is to keep them out of office anyway you can.

So Bud has no overriding moral principles. Shocker.

He wanted to be a liberal, but it was too inconvenient to reconcile with his bigotry, so he gave up.

Last edited:
Back