• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Bullshit Fox News Says

Holy fucking shit that article sounds deranged

It's rather amazing at just how many right-wing websites pretend to be intellectually serious, thoughtful, and so on, but if you read most of the articles in them they sound no better than some of the most lunatic ranting from the extreme fringe. American Greatness, Investors Business Daily (IBD), The Federalist, even the National Review increasingly feature articles that are well to the right of traditional conservative ideology. One reason is that, rather than talking about boilerplate conservative economic stuff - smaller government, lower taxes, fewer regulations on corporations, etc, they have joined the culture wars full-force, and write mostly about that. I guess conservative economics doesn't move the needle and generate enough hits anymore.

Last edited:
...and I decided to subscribe to both since Trump’s election.

But WaPo only quite recently. NED has posted much more from them.

It's rather amazing at just how many right-wing websites pretend to be intellectually serious, thoughtful, and so on, but if you read most of the articles in them they sound no better than some of the most lunatic ranting from the extreme fringe. American Greatness, Investors Business Daily (IBD), The Federalist, even the National Review increasingly print articles that are well to the right of traditional conservative ideology. One reason is that, rather than talking about boilerplate conservative economic stuff - smaller government, lower taxes, fewer regulations on corporations, etc, they have joined the culture wars full-force, and write mostly about that. I guess conservative economics doesn't move the needle and generate enough hits anymore.

The boilerplate conservative economic stuff was a Trojan horse for the culture wars. Now they don’t have to hide behind economic gobbledygook. They can just hate women, minorities, and immigrants instead of loving policies that hurt him.

I honestly never want to hear republicans complain about bias in the media ever again.

Similarly I think we’re well past the point of pretending that Fox News is “media”

Take Lindsay Graham seriously, but not literally.

That was a reasonable discussion of the real struggle until the last guy started casting aspersions.

The only people excited in any way for Hillary to run again are Republicans and the so-called liberal news media. She knows this, which is why she won't run. Even if she did, I don't think she could win the Democratic nomination again against even a weak Democratic candidate. Hell, Bernie almost beat her in 2016. It really is a GOP fantasy at this point, which is why right-wing outlets like Fox and The Wall Street Journal are the main ones running with these stories.

The only people excited in any way for Hillary to run again are Republicans and the so-called liberal news media. She knows this, which is why she won't run. Even if she did, I don't think she could win the Democratic nomination again against even a weak Democratic candidate. Hell, Bernie almost beat her in 2016. It really is a GOP fantasy at this point, which is why right-wing outlets like Fox and The Wall Street Journal are the main ones running with these stories.

And CNN...which of course has it as their headline story. Guess there's nothing more interesting/important going on in the world today they could report on.

Back