• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Bullshit Fox News Says

So...are you ready to condemn Tucker yet?

And...why is that one sentence the deal breaker for you? Among the rest?

Weird.

Because it’s easier for that quote to be a “deal breaker” than to admit he’s been wrong all along

56386446_10217718536146328_5371557585260380160_n.jpg

Jeh Johnson has come forward to shed light on the emergency that is actually occurring. This is opppsed to the opinions of those whose only view is from an Ivory Tower.

Obama's DHS Secretary Jeh Johnson: 'We are truly in a crisis' at southern border

Jeh Johnson, homeland security secretary during former President Barack Obama's second term, declared Friday the southern border is in a "crisis" state, a claim the Trump administration first made late last year.

"We are truly in a crisis," Johnson told MSNBC "Morning Joe" host Mika Brzezinski.

"On Tuesday there were 4,000 apprehensions. I know that 1,000 [apprehensions] overwhelms the system and I cannot begin to imagine what 4,000 a day looks like," he said.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/...n-we-are-truly-in-a-crisis-at-southern-border

A humanitarian crisis does not equal an MS13 crisis or terrorism crisis. It does not require a wall. It requires systemic change to our whole immigration policy.

Brad is going to be livid when he sees this. He DESPISES when media outlets make mistakes and then correct them later.

This explains what conservatives are so worried about. They think there are three Mexicos and even a new one inside our own borders.

A humanitarian crisis does not equal an MS13 crisis or terrorism crisis. It does not require a wall. It requires systemic change to our whole immigration policy.

This assumes that the people in question are humans and not MS13 animals as Trump claims.

From personal experience, I can say that many rural white Republicans persist in referring to all Latinos as "Mexicans" - it's a generic term for almost anyone from Latin America. I guess Fox is just playing to their viewing base - "Trump is cutting aid to several of those little worthless countries just south of Mexico. Oh, hell, maybe they're a part of Mexico. Who cares, right Ainsley?"

This. But ginning up people’s fears causes them to discard objectivity. The weak-minded, frightened right has lost their bearings because flunkies like Tucker Carlson and that feckless cunt Ann Coulter have whipped them into quite a mess.

How do you even make that mistake unless all those brown people are the same? Mexico isn’t even in Central America. God, ”those people” are ignorant. (Fox and viewers)

I lost my mom to Fox News. That article from years ago is spot on. I despise it so much because of how it’s brainwashed her. And that screen cap would sail by the average Fox News viewer without them realizing its erroneous because fox firehoses so much misinformation to their average viewer that no one would notice.

Complaints about Common Core are fueled by Gen Xers who were taught poorly in the 80s and 90s so they don’t understand what their kids are being taught today. It’s hilariously dumb and ignores 20-30 years of innovation in education. Meanwhile Republicans keep pushing accountability regimes that do little more than teach tests.

It’s also a symptom of our country’s anti-elitist/“I’m smarter than the experts” attitude.

Right. People dedicate their careers to figuring out how to teach children and actually teaching children and somebody who hasn’t taken math since getting a C in Geometry 30 years ago complains about them.

Complaints about Common Core are fueled by Gen Xers who were taught poorly in the 80s and 90s so they don’t understand what their kids are being taught today. It’s hilariously dumb and ignores 20-30 years of innovation in education. Meanwhile Republicans keep pushing accountability regimes that do little more than teach tests.

Gen X are going to be a handful. At least there are fewer of them than the awful, awful boomers.

Back