• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Bullshit Fox News Says

Trump's "Spiritual Advisor":

It’s amazing the altars on which “Christians” are willing to sacrifice Christianity.

Trump worships at the altar of Mammon, not Christ. And he builds temples to himself, not to anything or anyone else. Having said that, the same could be said of much of right-wing Christianity, especially Prosperity Theology. If you're wealthy, or at least well-off, it's a sign of God's favor.

ETA: I know a number of Evangelicals who more or less believe this, even if they don't specifically state it. Not surprisingly, they're all relatively well-off and lead generally comfortable lives, and have had few health problems, financial concerns, or other bad breaks (at least yet). They go to a conservative church regularly, pray all the time, and they're very vocal about their religious beliefs, so God not only loves them, he also blesses them with money, kids, and material goodies. If only the poor went to church more often and prayed more, the unstated implication is that they would also be blessed with money and happiness.

Last edited:
I can't stand Eric Erickson but this is a good observation.

But not Obama, that filthy Muslim.

I can't stand Eric Erickson but this is a good observation.

Is this seriously groundbreaking? Trump’s “faith” is all just rationalization for evangelical support of him as a means to their ends. It’s the last nail in the coffin of the American Church. “Christians” so desperate to preserve Christianity are willing to abandon it in support of a gilded idol in a goddamn red hat, and then they can’t understand why more young people aren’t interested in the church.

Is this seriously groundbreaking? Trump’s “faith” is all just rationalization for evangelical support of him as a means to their ends. It’s the last nail in the coffin of the American Church. “Christians” so desperate to preserve Christianity are willing to abandon it in support of a gilded idol in a goddamn red hat, and then they can’t understand why more young people aren’t interested in the church.

Apparently it is to evangelicals (Erickson calls himself one).

It’s not a religious issue because only white evangelicals fall for Trump is large numbers. Non-white evangelicals largely detest Trump.

I'd love to hear them describe in detail the tenants of their faith. Hillary probably gets a mention by the third sentence.

Oh, yeah. I'd love to see one of those CNN focus groups of Trump supporting Evangelicals where they ask them to describe their religious beliefs. I'd bet that many of them would still start with political stuff, and when the leader told them to describe their faith, not politics, you'd probably get some lines of "born again", Jesus is the Son of God and the only way to salvation, and a few stories of the resurrection, but then they'd go right back to political stuff - abortion, abstinence, opposition to gay rights, feminism, prayer in schools, etc. Most rural Christians didn't really join the faith out of belief, they were just born into it and accepted it uncritically.

Last edited:
Just to be clear, "work" = watching Fox & Friends. And tweeting at Fox and Frlends.

Ummm no.

Last edited:
I have a hard time seeing Laura Ingraham's appeal to the right wing. She comes off as more condescending and elitist than the liberal elites. Simply just oozes bitchiness.

Jesus. I guess calling for civility online really hit a nerve with the right's propaganda heads.

Back