• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Bullshit Fox News Says

It’ll be pretty easy to tell if he’s listening to answers. See his reading off a teleprompter cadence vs unscripted crazy talk.

I believe that the Murdochs control a much larger share of Australia's news media sources than they do in the US or UK. That would be a nightmare, I would think.

At least someone wants to hold him accountable?

Checked the Fox website this morning, they're all-in on hammering Biden and other Democrats on "Why won't they admit they're going to pack the Court?" talking point. For an organization that claims it's a news network, I was amused by the huge headline at the top of the website "AMERICA BRACES: Amy Coney Barrett, family arrive for confirmation hearing; what to expect from Democrats." Nothing about what to expect from Republicans, just what to expect from those rotten Democrats. (They've now changed the headline to "CHOOSING AMERICA'S JUSTICE") LOL.

Checked the Fox website this morning, they're all-in on hammering Biden and other Democrats on "Why won't they admit they're going to pack the Court?" talking point. For an organization that claims it's a news network, I was amused by the huge headline at the top of the website "AMERICA BRACES: Amy Coney Barrett, family arrive for confirmation hearing; what to expect from Democrats." Nothing about what to expect from Republicans, just what to expect from those rotten Democrats. (They've now changed the headline to "CHOOSING AMERICA'S JUSTICE") LOL.

Just wait until later, when they transition from news to punditry.

Wow. They essentially stopped covering a pandemic to cover a hoax.

And they're doing it right now again. Every story is about Hunter Biden.

In a normal election year these deflection tactics to irrelevant issues ("Benghazi! Hillary's emails!") might still be effective, but with this pandemic and everything coming from it (shutdown, economic implosion, etc.) it's simply not as effective as usual. You can tell that Fox is somewhat baffled right now - the same old tactics just aren't working this year. There may also be something to what some other posters have said, which is that people outside the GOP base aren't as likely to be diverted by this stuff anymore, as they've seen it too many times.

I think there are plenty of factors in play. The most prominent are definitely the pandemic and economic crisis. But I think a big thing we haven't mentioned as much is that four years later conservatives have painted themselves into a smaller and smaller corner with a smaller and smaller base. Regular people are just more skeptical of what comes from the right-wing media ecosystem and mainstream media doesn't defer to them as much as they used to (although still way too much).

The Fox website today is hilarious. After beating the drum of the great Hunter Biden scandal for several days, they appear to have given up and now have smaller articles on the page complaining about how no one else is covering this epic Biden scandal except for them, and how that proves that the mainstream media is in the tank for the Democrats: "Liberal media want Biden to become POTUS, cover up report on son’s business deals."

Instead, they've now resorted to complaining about the unfair treatment Dear Leader has received in his first two debates. First Chris Wallace, and then Savannah Guthrie, were just so mean to Trump, while Biden got the kid gloves treatment by liberal ABC. They've got articles from Newt Gingrich about how Guthrie displayed "maniacal hostility" to Trump, an article about how the next debate moderator, Kristen Welker, has "deep Democrat ties" and no doubt will also be biased (already setting up their excuse for Trump's next debate, I suppose), and several articles claiming that 2 of Biden's "undecided" questioners were in fact Democrats, and that ABC's "silence" about this fact just proves that they were secretly trying to help Joe. Isn't Dear Leader just so heroic, taking on the evil mainstream media and their biased moderators with meanie gotcha questions!

Back