• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Raleigh Dining Recommendations

thoughts on Five Star?

It's solid. If you're looking for Chinese carryout in the downtown area, I prefer David's Dumplings near Cameron Village/NC State. But those are probably the two best options outside of Bhavana and Bida Manda.

We just moved from the Cameron Village area to Oakwood, so it's now the local place.

Chuan Cafe has some solid szechuan. We normally make the drive to Super Wok in Cary, but Chuan has been solid local option.

Shout out to Taste off of Whitaker Mill Rd. in Highpark Village. I went here for some Mother's Day take out because this is one of our favorite spots. Then I learned that the guys who owned the Oak Kitchen and Bourbon Bar had sold to new owners. Instead of really good tapas, Taste is now basically Thai, Vietnamese food. We got the spicy duck and were more than pleased. Fantastic spot that we'll have to revisit soon.

definitive list of restaurants i would miss if i didn't live in raleigh: o'malleys, snoopys, char-grill, soo cafe, bali hai, the peddler. everything else is can be found in any other city with an up and coming dining scene. best wings in the triangle are JD's in Apex, best BBQ is NA - drive out to Sam Jones instead.

lol o'malley's

I grew up down the street from that shopping center and that place was such a mystery to me as a kid

lol o'malley's

I grew up down the street from that shopping center and that place was such a mystery to me as a kid

So good...irish dip is untouchable as a sandwich. Fried bologna and pimento cheese sandwiches are stellar too. And good cold beer.

I only went once as my parents moved closer to downtown not too long after I turned 21

smokiest bar I've ever been in

such a weird little shopping center

Mattress store and cbd shop next door. Makings of a great party. Thankfully now non-smoking but you will burn your retinas when you walk outside on a sunny day given how dark it is inside.

likewise never went to Peddler Steakhouse in that shopping center

Casa Carbone a bunch though

definitive list of restaurants i would miss if i didn't live in raleigh: o'malleys, snoopys, char-grill, soo cafe, bali hai, the peddler. everything else is can be found in any other city with an up and coming dining scene. best wings in the triangle are JD's in Apex, best BBQ is NA - drive out to Sam Jones instead.

Sam Jones is coming to DTR, so you can save the gas. I wouldn’t miss Snoopys but Char Grill is my shit. I need to try JDs I guess but I never go to Apex. Woodies city market are my favorite wings, the Brickhouse are a close second, but can’t go on an NFL Sunday when the Pats are playing.

Back