• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Raleigh Dining Recommendations

I love this place, except for their bizarre decision to put onions in their carbonara. Even among non-onion haters that is a head scratcher.

Cucciolo is so good. My favorite Italian restaurant right now.

The Oakwood Pizza Box expansion at Ponysaurus, dubbed Little Pizza Box, is so damn good. Have had it twice already.

Going to Perry’s Steakhouse tonight for my birthday. New high end joint by Crabtree.

Going to Perry’s Steakhouse tonight for my birthday. New high end joint by Crabtree.

It's great, good call. We went for a work dinner earlier this year because they have a lot of outdoor seating, and everyone was impressed. I think Oak is the best steakhouse in town, but the two co-workers I went with thought it was better.

Haven't tried the little pizza box, since the original is about a 10 minute walk from our house.

It's great, good call. We went for a work dinner earlier this year because they have a lot of outdoor seating, and everyone was impressed. I think Oak is the best steakhouse in town, but the two co-workers I went with thought it was better.

Haven't tried the little pizza box, since the original is about a 10 minute walk from our house.

Awesome, glad to hear it. The restaurant definitely looks cool as hell which was part of the deciding factor.

I guess this is the thread for this. Crook’s Corner closed.

Huge bummer. I had honeysuckle sorbet there a few summers ago and it might’ve been the best dessert I’ve ever had.

I mentioned it already on this thread, but, if you are in the Triangle area and haven't been to MC in downtown Cary yet, you need to rectify that situation right away. We went again tonight and I swear I have not had better food anywhere - and the service and atmosphere are great as well. Tonight we had grilled cauliflower for appetizer, two sushi rolls (land and sea and tale of two tunas), the almond prawns and the halibut. All were incredible. We took our foodie friend who is visiting from out of town and she was just as impressed... With 3 drinks and tip we spent about $180 for 3 people.

Huge bummer. I had honeysuckle sorbet there a few summers ago and it might’ve been the best dessert I’ve ever had.

My daughter and I make it every year. So easy yet so so good.

Heading up to Raleigh next week for business.

A good friend of mine had recommended Bhavana Brewery as a must go to establishment a few years ago, but from a few pages back in the thread I'm reading that there was some sort of controversy within the past year or so. Has that pretty much blown over, or is it still an ongoing thing?

There are restaurants that are just as good where the owners don’t sexually assault their staff. Give your money to them instead.

Yeah it was a pretty ugly situation. And I think their bar program manager ended up being charged criminally so it wasn’t just the owner.

am I correct that the sister is still involved in ownership, but that the brother and bar manager have been removed?

I haven’t eaten at Bhavana since that happened but we got carryout once and it was ok. A lot of good places downtown, just depends on what you’re looking for.

Wasn't impressed enough with the food at Bhavana to support the terrible ownership, but Bida Manda is another matter. Was my favorite place in Raleigh, and not many others anywhere do similar food.

I imagine I was in the clear minority of people who liked Bida Manda more than Bhavana. The pork belly soup, curry dishes, papaya salad all insanely good.

Bida Manda was defs way better but Bhavana had the vibes and versatility

Five Star is opening a second location in Durham at American Tobacco Campus. Looking forward to trying it out. Can never have enough Asian food (unless you’re 2&2 of course).

Back