• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The Official XFL Thread

Iron Sheik should get to own the heel team on the coast.

Now, that would be cool as crap. WWE legends as honorary coaches. Put a team in West Point to play at Army's stadium and Sargent Slaughter as their honorary coach.

Stone Cold gets a team in Texas called the Rattlesnakes and if a player from the other team runs out of bounds on their sideline it's legal for him to give him a stone cold stunner.

With the CTE issue looming over football, not sure if this is the best time to go all-in on a new football league (which is an iffy proposition anyway given that the XFL and USFL crashed and burned).

But the field will be enclosed in a cage and the players will be allowed to use chairs and bats.

A full blown sports "entertainment" league for a real sport is kind of interesting - although I don't really see how it would work. Maybe just have elements of WWE incorporated into real games

With the CTE issue looming over football, not sure if this is the best time to go all-in on a new football league (which is an iffy proposition anyway given that the XFL and USFL crashed and burned).

Eh, everyone knows about CTE now. The problem for the NFL is that they covered it up and tried to convince people it didn't exist. XFL can just say - hey this sport could kill your brain (which you already knew), so WELCOME ABOARD!

In all seriousness, I had the same thought. Especially a rebirth of the XFL. The first time the XFL was tried, part of the premise was to bring back hard hitting, rock-em-sock'em football and that was before the CTE and concussion stuff was as big a deal as it is now.

Sounds like its not going to be much like the old XFL. Just a new, slightly different football league focused on the game.

Eh, everyone knows about CTE now. The problem for the NFL is that they covered it up and tried to convince people it didn't exist. XFL can just say - hey this sport could kill your brain (which you already knew), so WELCOME ABOARD!

Yeah UFC is still gaining popularity and they openly bash peoples brains in.

"People don't want social and political issues coming into play when they are trying to be entertained," McMahon said. "We want someone who wants to take a knee to do their version of that on their personal time."

McMahon also said he would preclude any player with a criminal record, which would disqualify former Texas A&M quarterback and Heisman Trophy winner Johnny Manziel.

"We are evaluating a player based on many things, including the quality of human being they are," McMahon said. If you have any sort of criminal record or commit a crime you aren't playing in this league."

Lol.

I'm always sad when Vince shows up in his business executive mode and not his on air persona.

About the only thing in this announcement that is enticing to me is the idea of a shorter game.

"One mark of the new league, McMahon said, will be faster games. The ideal running time, he said, would be two hours."

Yeah. That's intriguing. If anything, maybe they'll come up with some innovations the NFL and NCAA could adopt.

Such a blatant publicity stunt by McMahon to get the Republican nomination in 2020. A Guy Fieri/Vince McMahon ticket could be hard to beat.

Last edited:
Yeah. That's intriguing. If anything, maybe they'll come up with some innovations the NFL and NCAA could adopt.

Yeah, this was my first thought, as well. He doesn't want it to be a developmental league for the NFL, but it will obviously be a laboratory for things for the NFL to steal (if successful).

Vince is really going up against a HUGE competitor... Not sure how he thinks he can "win."

Money Manziel, come on down.

Yeah, this was my first thought, as well. He doesn't want it to be a developmental league for the NFL, but it will obviously be a laboratory for things for the NFL to steal (if successful).

Vince is really going up against a HUGE competitor... Not sure how he thinks he can "win."

Wave some flags, grift some rubes, cash the checks.

Back