• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The Official XFL Thread

"People don't want social and political issues coming into play when they are trying to be entertained," McMahon said. "We want someone who wants to take a knee to do their version of that on their personal time."

McMahon also said he would preclude any player with a criminal record, which would disqualify former Texas A&M quarterback and Heisman Trophy winner Johnny Manziel.

"We are evaluating a player based on many things, including the quality of human being they are," McMahon said. If you have any sort of criminal record or commit a crime you aren't playing in this league."

Lol.

Fuck that, this is the XFL. We want convicts and shit to play, that is entertaining, I want to be entertained. Give me a Johnny/Justin Blackmon combo, going against Kaep/Gordon and I am all in. Put up a bunch of choir boy scrubs no one gives a shit about and I wont watch a game.

Wave some flags, grift some rubes, cash the checks.

It's so disappointing that seems to be the angle. I want pot smoking/ beer drinking to be accepted behavior, I want cheerleaders dressed like whores, I want players kneeling and fucking each others wives Golden Tate style, I want locker room brawls, I want it all.

This is just going to end up some weaksauce MAGA bullshit.

Fuck that, this is the XFL. We want convicts and shit to play, that is entertaining, I want to be entertained. Give me a Johnny/Justin Blackmon combo, going against Kaep/Gordon and I am all in. Put up a bunch of choir boy scrubs no one gives a shit about and I wont watch a game.

I was curious as to how often NFL players are arrested, and of course there is a website

if DUI and marijuana possession count as crimes in McMahon's book, the XFL will have problems filling its rosters

That nflarrest.com website is amazing. Had never seen it before. Thanks.

That nflarrest.com website is amazing. Had never seen it before. Thanks.

you're welcome

I would have pegged the Bengals as the #1 team in the NFL for sure, but the Vikings and Broncos have them for now

It's so disappointing that seems to be the angle. I want pot smoking/ beer drinking to be accepted behavior, I want cheerleaders dressed like whores, I want players kneeling and fucking each others wives Golden Tate style, I want locker room brawls, I want it all.

The money is just too easy from grifting rubes.

This is the ultimate Catamount post. Someone could have never read your posts but totally understand you as a poster based on this take right here. Don't get me wrong, I agree with you on it.

So what does the X stand for now if it's just nice guys playing regular football?

He still has roughly two years to decide what this product will really be at launch... He's left it wide open for adjustment between now and then.

"People don't want social and political issues coming into play when they are trying to be entertained," McMahon said. "We want someone who wants to take a knee to do their version of that on their personal time."

McMahon also said he would preclude any player with a criminal record, which would disqualify former Texas A&M quarterback and Heisman Trophy winner Johnny Manziel.

"We are evaluating a player based on many things, including the quality of human being they are," McMahon said. If you have any sort of criminal record or commit a crime you aren't playing in this league."

Lol.

Ahh, so he's basically admitting he will violate the law by excluding players with any sort of criminal record. Good start, Vince. Breaking the law and also somehow already making it super boring.

Spring league Alliance of American Football to launch in 2019 on CBS

The XFL, the controversial football league founded by Vince McMahon in 1999 that lasted one season, is set to return in 2020. But it won't be the only new professional football league -- or even the first to begin play.

Charlie Ebersol -- the son of NBC executive Dick Ebersol, McMahon's partner during the XFL's first stint -- announced in a press release that the Alliance of American Football will debut on Feb. 9, 2019 on CBS.

The league will have eight teams in cities to be announced in the next three months. Rosters will have 50 players each and will be built primarily through a regionally-based draft. To differentiate the Alliance of American Football from its competitors, there will be no TV timeouts and 60 percent fewer commercials. Other differences will include no kickoffs and instead of onside kicks, the trailing team will receive the ball on their own 35-yard line facing fourth down and 10. There will also be a 30-second play clock and mandatory two-point conversion attempts after touchdowns.

Picking a commissioner seems like a thing that should be done much later in the process. But its clear Vinnie Mac knows football, so...

Back