• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Jessie Bates Declares for NFL Draft

Good luck to him, but this really sucks for Wake. He was one of the only proven playmakers returning on D.

I don't really understand it. Had a lot of upside to come back, be the leader of a good defense on a good team, show NFL the injury this year was just a blip and not something to add to his negatives, get a degree?

I think these kind of decisions in hindsight are mistakes more often than the right call. Best of luck to him. but darn.

Not experienced enough not to write "University of Wake Forest". Bates should've proofed that better. Just saying.

How many NFL agents have worked with someone from Wake Forest?

#1 is weird. I really don't see Bates getting drafted before Round 4, but I'd love for him to get drafted higher. But I wouldn't want the Panthers to take him until later.

I was saying we could go DE or WR in the first or second and likely get him in the later rounds (I agree 4-7). Fills a need later in the draft with a very likely underrated free safety.

Shocking. I find that incredibly surprising. Likely to be a late Saturday pick with the potential to be a late first rounder should had he prove to be healthy and continue to develop another season.

Wish him the absolute best, hope he crushes it in the NFL.

Hmmm.... big blow to the University of Wake Forest D next season.

Good luck Jessie in the draft. :thumbsup:

It's next man up now.

Really happy for him and wish him the best, but jeez this one hurts. Defense will be a weak spot next year again. Hopefully Hinton can step up so the offense can maintain some of this past year.

Neeed to average 60 points a game next year.

Best of luck to Jessie! He has been a hell of a Deac and a lot of fun to watch!

No shout out for Sawvel in the twitter announcement?

I'm shocked, didn't see that coming at all. I mean Jessie is very good, but draft ready, I don't know about that. At least Masterson got some experience this year. Figured our secondary could be a strength next year, now maybe not. Wish him the best and hope he kills it in the league!

Maybe we can get another stud grad transfer at safety like we got from Maryland a couple of years ago.:thumbsup:

Will help us in recruiting. Glenn is the guy we’re going to be looking to to make plays now and I think he can do that. He seemed to get better every game this year. I also remember being very high on Redd. Kid has a lot of potential. Hope he realizes it this offseason

Jessie not exactly ideal NFL size at safety is he? I mean it seems he would've been helped by another year in college to add some bulk.

Back