• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Jessie Bates Declares for NFL Draft

i dunno about that; i saw that the steelers and eagles had some interest in bates at the end of round 1

still not crazy that he might get drafted tonight

Didn't the Steelers already take a S from VT. They were definitely interested enough to send Tomlin to Winston for the pro day.

i dunno about that; i saw that the steelers and eagles had some interest in bates at the end of round 1

still not crazy that he might get drafted tonight

He'll get drafted tonight, they do rounds 2 and 3.

Didn't the Steelers already take a S from VT. They were definitely interested enough to send Tomlin to Winston for the pro day.

yeah and that dude was rated lower than bates on most draft boards

I see what your saying but I really don't pay attention to or credit any mocks from before the combine and wave 1 of free agency. You start to get a realistic image of the draft board 2-3 weeks before the draft. Bates was never in consideration for round 1 and is probably pretty doubtful for round 2.

I agree, but all of those mocks are where regular fans get the idea that their guys is a Round 1 guy. All it takes is one mock at some point.

panthers should get bates, duke and then a late flyer on serigne and royce freeman somewhere in between

54th pick. 2nd round. Bengals.

Good decision8 by Jessie.

Last edited:
I thought he would be playing for Omar Epps and instead he will be facing him twice a year.

54th pick. 2nd round. Bengals.

Good decision8 by Jessie.

Financially, Maybe not. A 2nd rounder as a soph. A stellar 2018 in college, and he's a top 2 safety next year? Potential top 15-20 pick. Difference in 6 million signing bonus (at 20) and 1.5 million (at 54).

I don’t think he could have guaranteed himself a bigger payday.

Financially, Maybe not. A 2nd rounder as a soph. A stellar 2018 in college, and he's a top 2 safety next year? Potential top 15-20 pick. Difference in 6 million signing bonus (at 20) and 1.5 million (at 54).
This is a really dumb post.

Seriously? And risk injury and whatever else? Jessie is a great player we are definitely going to miss him, but this is great for him.

What if he gets hurt? Slot insurance is tough to get and extremely expensive.

Also, he gets to play one more year this way.

I hope he likes eating chili on his spaghetti. Best of Luck, Jesse and thank you for making Wake fans proud of you. Next man up. Come on Duke!

He also loses a year of salary coming back. It was the right decision.

Back