• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Jessie Bates Declares for NFL Draft

Will we maybe have 4 of our O line drafted next year?
Not a crazy thought, but pretty wild after the intense criticism of our line in the previous few years.

Ryan Anderson is currently the #5 Center on draftscout.com. Justin Herron is ranked #25 OT.

Getting caught up on the free agent/mini-camp developments from earlier today. Looks like Jaboree Williams will attend the Eagles camp and Wolford will go to the Chargers mini-camp (following the Jets mini-camp).

So the mini-camp invites that we know of are:

Wolford - Jets and Chargers
Serigne - Saints
Dunn - Steelers
Williams - Eagles

No word on Mike Weaver yet.

Anyone hearing about others?

Just guessing that PK's probably aren't a priority till camps open in August. Also guessing there's probably a surplus of college PK's just as good or better than Weaver looking for a try out.

That said, he should get a fair look.

Just guessing that PK's probably aren't a priority till camps open in August. Also guessing there's probably a surplus of college PK's just as good or better than Weaver looking for a try out.

That said, he should get a fair look.

Every year there are teams looking for kickers who work cheap (rookie salary). Sometimes those opportunities come later in the season for kickers.

And there are plenty of TEs who can be smaller tackles and much bigger, not much slower receivers.

I'm fine with the fact we only had 2 draft picks and 0 UDFAs but we still beat State last year despite their 7 draft picks and 4 UDFAs.
http://www.newsobserver.com/sports/college/acc/nc-state/article210126754.html

N.C. State similarly dominated the Demon Deacons in a late-season loss in Winston-Salem with a 502-334 yardage advantage and 28 first downs (compared to 18 for the Deacs).
An excruciating fumble at the goal line, with 1:31 left in the game, hurt N.C. State but Wake quarterback John Wolford attempted 28 passes and wasn’t sacked once. Keep in mind, all four of N.C. State’s starting defensive linemen were drafted in the first four rounds.

That’s all a long way of saying, N.C. State had a good season but the draft was better.

You can play this game with a lot of teams but the Pack was 4-5 plays on the season from being 11-1 and possibly playing for the ACC Championship and a potential playoff spot. Disappointing to miss our chance when it was there for the taking and not capatalize on the talent that team had.

Of the first full draft class Dave Doeren had he recruited 16 kids that I project will either be drafted or will sign a UDFA. I think you will see as many as 10 from that one recruiting class (2014) drafted. Crazy to think about given the depths that TOB left us in. Will have to see if it was a one hit wonder class or not.

Grobe also brought you an ACC championship. Want to trade?

You can play this game with a lot of teams but the Pack was 4-5 plays on the season from being 11-1 and possibly playing for the ACC Championship and a potential playoff spot. Disappointing to miss our chance when it was there for the taking and not capatalize on the talent that team had.

Of the first full draft class Dave Doeren had he recruited 16 kids that I project will either be drafted or will sign a UDFA. I think you will see as many as 10 from that one recruiting class (2014) drafted. Crazy to think about given the depths that TOB left us in. Will have to see if it was a one hit wonder class or not.

Damn, y'all are going to be the second coming of the 2001 Canes

state was about as close to making the playoffs as wake forest lol

Lol reading comprehension is your friend.

SHOULD'VE BEEN! Oops, assumed that was a little too many NFL signees in a class to lose to the Deacs. Too bad for y'all we're a powerhouse.

251070f8fd498cdab572270c266c2d47.jpg

Grobe also brought you an ACC championship. Want to trade?

Grobe’s seniors on the lines in 2006 were Jim Caldwell’s and there were others as well.

Grobe’s recruiting after 2006 declined after those early years with some exceptions but not nearly enough.

I’m still glad he coached at Wake all things considered. His contract was too rich.

Grobe’s seniors on the lines in 2006 were Jim Caldwell’s and there were others as well.

Grobe’s recruiting after 2006 declined after those early years with some exceptions but not nearly enough.

I’m still glad he coached at Wake all things considered. His contract was too rich.

The first statement is absolutely false.

what the hell do you know about it, huh?

Jim Caldwell's last season at WF was 2000. The last season that any player recruited by Caldwell played for WF was 2005. Grobe's staff recruited and developed every player on the 2006 ACC Champs.

It is true that Jim Grobe's first two successful years were necessarily built on Caldwell's recruits, as is frequently cited. And that after that he endured three years of famine, until 2006 when his newest recruiting class drove us to victory.

Back