• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

I am so sick of this shit I can’t stand it!

82deacman

Reaction score
This constant second half shooting and scoring bullishit is totally unacceptable. Terrible offensive sets. Terrible execution. Terrible substitutions. A lot of this is on Danny.

This constant second half shooting and scoring bullishit is totally unacceptable. Terrible offensive sets. Terrible execution. Terrible substitutions. A lot of this is on Danny.

Dude, we're Wake Forest basketball. What the fuck do you expect?

Good thread! +1. More trash on the dumpster fire of in-game coaching

He’ll say we didn’t make shots.

He wouldn’t be wrong. Heard the announcer say we were shooting 17% on the half until the last two minutes. I think that classified as not hitting shots.

That was an abysmal performance against a very subpar, not nearly as talented a team as we are. Once again under Danny we lose to inferior talent. Should have played with a lot more intelligence and fight than that. Who’s responsibility would you say that is?

I hate to break it to you, but those BC guys didn't look at all inferior to us. If their rankings are lower overall, I guess on that chart BC is way on the upper side of the mid-line.

This may be the dumbest fucking team I’ve seen at Wake. Basketball mascot should be the fucktard.

I hate to break it to you, but those BC guys didn't look at all inferior to us. If their rankings are lower overall, I guess on that chart BC is way on the upper side of the mid-line.

We made them look that way with terrible offensive sets, abysmal shooting, stupid turnovers, and generally bad play in the second half. We only lost by seven and shot 20% for the half. Once it was clear shots were going to be hard to come by, a good coach would have sets and plays that get us to the basket and pull the guards out for short periods and instruct them on what to do to get points on the board. Or how about this a timeout to discuss or set up a play to get points on the board. A game or two like this is one thing but almost every game is coaching. Hate to tell you but that is what Danny is paid for.

We looked like shit in the second half. But this BC team should have beaten UVA and did beat Duke. They are no pushover

That was an abysmal performance against a very subpar, not nearly as talented a team as we are. Once again under Danny we lose to inferior talent. Should have played with a lot more intelligence and fight than that. Who’s responsibility would you say that is?

Say what? I'd love to know where our "talent" is.

Hopeful for the incoming freshmen that they will be able to play right away and we never have to see a certain guard on the floor again. Also we should be hopeful that we can get players that has a basketball IQ that is equivalent to ACC caliber type talent.

This is not the same BC team we've seen the last few years. And since when have we started winning a lot of games on the road in the ACC? Hopefully this is the game that leads to Chaundee breaking out.

Dude, we're Wake Forest basketball. What the fuck do you expect?

Dude, we won back-to-back ACC Championships in '95 & '96. We used to be a regular fixture in the Top 25 and many times in the Top 10 and Top 5. That's what we expect! But that was when we had good coaches (Dave Odom and Skip Prosser). Manning was a panic hire, because no one else wanted to clean up the dumpster fire left by [Redacted] and thanks to Ron Wellman. Maybe what we're seeing now is why CP3 didn't want Manning to be hired.

What’s this about CP not wanting Manning?

What’s this about CP not wanting Manning?

A friend who had contacts on the inside in the Athletic Department was told that CP3 was against the hire, but the source wouldn't say exactly why.

When you have two guards on the floor at the same time who commit constant turnovers you aren't going to win many games.

Back