• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest Football 2018 Offseason Discussion

I think Jaboree was pretty underrated during his time here. His interception late against Syracuse was one of my favorite plays to have seen in person. Wonder if he will get any looks at the next level?

I would say that our secondary/2nd LB will be the key this season. We had a great DL last year and gave up many points. That’s in-large part due to the opposing team getting rid of the ball quickly (which put the weight on Dawson/Jaboree/secondary).

Bassey is a beast, JaSir will be older, Glenn is underrated. Hoping Masterson makes a big step (Clawson says a huge step occurs after the first season on the field). And the special teams action of Simpson and Taylor pay off at LB.

I think that we must get bigger and quicker at LB. We need tall LBs who move quickly and hit hard...but then who doesn't? I appreciate the strong effort of our backers last season; but, that was the weak point of our defense, IMO.

DOD -

Hoping Masterson makes a big step (Clawson says a huge step occurs after the first season on the field).

Is this a veiled reference to how slow a foot Masterson was last season ?

Haha no pun intended there.

Stnard is the type of LB we want and have recruited for. Jaboree and Dawson were Grobe guys (“snot bubble” type players, but on the slow end). Claw/Elko wanted long athletic LBs who can get to the bubble screens.

Stnard is the type of LB we want and have recruited for. Jaboree and Dawson were Grobe guys (“snot bubble” type players, but on the slow end). Claw/Elko wanted long athletic LBs who can get to the bubble screens.

Dawson was a walk-on who earned his scholarship under Clawson. To be fair, Grobe recruited some stud linebackers during his time at WF with size and speed (Aaron Curry, Stanley Arnoux, Marquel Lee, Eric Berry, Kellen Brantley).

Yep, not saying those types of LBs are bad players, but as of late were on the slower side. Marquel Lee’s biggest concern in the draft was his lateral and straight line speed.

Athletic and long doesn’t mean a “better” LB - it just fits the 4-2-5 we run better.

In on Stnard...kid's a player.

If so, damn I liked him in Steve smith 89.

3 gets passed off from one playmaker to another I guess.

Also, when Hinton is told to hit him in the numbers there won't be any need to choose between the 8 and 9. Just hit the 3.

Last edited:
Who is Hines?

Tabari Hines.
This is a trick play but guaranteed to work.
Hines gets the ball on an orbit. The defense collapses to catch him. Meanwhile, Dortch is streaking down the field wide open. Hines heaves it as far as he can. Dortch grabs it for a Slot-to-Slot TD.
Simple.

Tabari Hines.
This is a trick play but guaranteed to work.
Hines gets the ball on an orbit. The defense collapses to catch him. Meanwhile, Dortch is streaking down the field wide open. Hines heaves it as far as he can. Dortch grabs it for a Slot-to-Slot TD.
Simple.
all of us agree you need to be the offensive coordinator - that play is genius!

Back