• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest Football 2018 Offseason Discussion

Not trying to overlook Tulane (or Towson) BUT the 2018 Team and coaches will have to play and coach a really good game against BC to win that one. BC looks to be pretty dang good.

I do love the fact that they play their first 2 games at home against crap opponents. Hopefully that initial shock of playing an actual team and playing their first road game will work in our favor.

This Tulane game will be no joke.

The Wake defense will get a real test from the Tulane offense.

The Wake offense looks to have an easier time against a rebuilt Tulane defense, but with a very inexperienced QB, Wake's offense most probably will take a step (or two) back from what it was in 2017.

Have they announced the date of the meet the team event?

I had us at 8-wins before the Hinton news. I don't think we realize the potential impact the suspension can have.

I had us at 8-wins before the Hinton news. I don't think we realize the potential impact the suspension can have.

We won't know what impact that has until we see Newman (my guess) or Hartman in action. At least we have a couple good options.

I liked Phil Steele’s comments on Clawson in his mag. Something like, “I talk to him on the phone for an hour every year and he always gives me a hard time for not ranking his teams higher. This year I have them toward the bottom again and so I will probably get an earful again next year...” I think he had us only finishing ahead of Cuse in the Atlantic.

Seemed like they had a good camaraderie, unsurprising for #ClawsIn.

I liked Phil Steele’s comments on Clawson in his mag. Something like, “I talk to him on the phone for an hour every year and he always gives me a hard time for not ranking his teams higher. This year I have them toward the bottom again and so I will probably get an earful again next year...” I think he had us only finishing ahead of Cuse in the Atlantic.

Seemed like they had a good camaraderie, unsurprising for #ClawsIn.
Steele does pick WF to finish 2nd to last in the Atlantic, but he does also predict WF to go bowling.

I've never been convinced Hinton was the man for the job for several reasons. First, durability. Kid was starting when the field tackled him and ended his season. Second, not sure he read his progressions well and seemed to really aim with his short passes, often with the ball sailing high.

Should be a fun year but we have to have a QB fall into place.....QUICKLY.

I've never been convinced Hinton was the man for the job for several reasons. First, durability. Kid was starting when the field tackled him and ended his season. Second, not sure he read his progressions well and seemed to really aim with his short passes, often with the ball sailing high.

Should be a fun year but we have to have a QB fall into place.....QUICKLY.

Hinton was hit pretty hard a play before he went down. Knee may have been damaged then but he may not have known it until he tried to cut the next play and went down.

Hinton was hit pretty hard a play before he went down. Knee may have been damaged then but he may not have known it until he tried to cut the next play and went down.

At 21 seconds into this video, please explain the "cutting" you've apparently recalled. Look, in either case, this team must find a leader and decent QB.

Last edited:

I 100% agree with this - happened directly in front of me - he was hit hard and I felt he should have gone out for at least a play. Next snap, he went down.

just looked at our schedule again. While I'm pleased we avoid the Saturday after Thanksgiving game, 5 homers in a row and only 2 after October 6 is not ideal for those of us who enjoy fall Saturdays at MSD. Those early September games are brutal for those who sit on the East side; was hoping for an evening kick for Towson vs. high noon.

Back