• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest Football 2018 Offseason Discussion

I’m very curious if Wake will go all in on the ND game and schedule Homecoming on the 22nd or do the usual and make it the Rice game. I plan on coming for our reunion and it would be much more fun against ND. The classes of 93 and 98 deserve a big time game for suffering through the Caldwell era.

I’m very curious if Wake will go all in on the ND game and schedule Homecoming on the 22nd or do the usual and make it the Rice game. I plan on coming for our reunion and it would be much more fun against ND. The classes of 93 and 98 deserve a big time game for suffering through the Caldwell era.

Understand your sentiment, but it would be very un-Wake Forest to designate ND as home-coming. I fully expect WF to jack up the ticket prices for the ND game, expecting ND fans to descend on WF. Rice seems like the typical HC opponent for WF.

What's your definition of 'suffering'?

You don't know suffering unless you lived through the Chuck Mills era in the 70's.

What's your definition of 'suffering'?

You don't know suffering unless you lived through the Chuck Mills era in the 70's.

Chuck Mills + Tacy > Bz + the end of Grobe > Al Groh + Staak

Understand your sentiment, but it would be very un-Wake Forest to designate ND as home-coming. I fully expect WF to jack up the ticket prices for the ND game, expecting ND fans to descend on WF. Rice seems like the typical HC opponent for WF.

It makes sense to schedule Rice for HC. The AD can jack up ticket prices for the ND game regardless, and not many will make a trip for a game like Rice unless it is HC. Plus, people go home feeling all warm and fuzzy about WFU (i.e., willing to part with $$) after a HC win.

Oh I definitely expect this to be the case. My hope is that Clawson goes to Wellman and says “I want as many Deacs in the seats as possible for Notre Dame. We sold our 2020 game. We don’t need to cash in on this one.” But even if he does, Homecoming against ND is unlikely.

Well......if you include b-ball, that's a different story.
For football only, we never had a decade like the 70's when were consistently ranked at the top of the Bottom 10.

Isn’t ND being played in Charlotte, home of our MBA school?

Tacy???!!! Upset UNC in ACCT, Three Big Four titles, Final 8, beat DePaul, even won at Duke in ‘85 with Lee Garber playing center. Tacy was a great coach. He owned Dean Smith.

Tacy???!!! Upset UNC in ACCT, Three Big Four titles, Final 8, beat DePaul, even won at Duke in ‘85 with Lee Garber playing center. Tacy was a great coach. He owned Dean Smith.

yeah

that's why I'm saying that era was better than Bz/Grobe or Groh/Staak

of our ACC Thursday games, both of our opponents also have games the previous Saturday:

BC plays Holy Cross
NC State plays FSU

Louisville does get a week off before playing us

we play FSU coming off a bye week, but they are also coming off a bye week

of our ACC Thursday games, both of our opponents also have games the previous Saturday:

BC plays Holy Cross
NC State plays FSU

Louisville does get a week off before playing us

we play FSU coming off a bye week, but they are also coming off a bye week

We've got 5 home game in a row.

1 game at home in October.... looks like it'll be a good fall at the beach

bye week after Clemson and before F$U that's good

the entire ACC has their bye week in one of 10/6, 10/13, 10/20

don't think they have ever been that compressed before but I like it

I don't like our 5 straight home games

Back