• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest Football 2018 Offseason Discussion

At first glance, that looks like a favorable schedule.

Yeah really don’t like the 5 straight home games at all. Wish it were more spread out.

Five straight home games doesn’t hurt the schedule too much. We only have one set of back to back road games and we have a bye before them.

We knew we were going to start on the road and very likely end on the road and have 7 home games in between with 3 of them in Sept.

5-0 when Clemson rolls to town :umkc:

This time we finish the job

I’m very curious if Wake will go all in on the ND game and schedule Homecoming on the 22nd or do the usual and make it the Rice game. I plan on coming for our reunion and it would be much more fun against ND. The classes of 93 and 98 deserve a big time game for suffering through the Caldwell era.

Class of 93 was a Dooley class and had the magical Independence Bowl team and the Clemson win on Halloween. No Caldwell.

Guessing the Thursday September 13 game against BC will be going head to head with the NFL Opener.

Guessing the Thursday September 13 game against BC will be going head to head with the NFL Opener.

No. The NFL opener should be on Sept 6. Labor Day is Sept 3.

Thanks, Dillon.

of our ACC Thursday games, both of our opponents also have games the previous Saturday:

BC plays Holy Cross
NC State plays FSU

Louisville does get a week off before playing us

we play FSU coming off a bye week, but they are also coming off a bye week

I like that State has a pretty tough game before. Beat 'em up, 'Noles!

Deac football - kind of a big deal

They wouldn't make Syracuse the homecoming game would they? Want to run the NYC marathon this year but won't if it interferes with my 20 year reunion.

Syracuse is too late I think. Rice makes way too much sense with two big games before and after it. Gives people a reason to go.

Unless they somehow think doing homecoming then might drive down attendance for ND and Clem, but I can't imagine that being a problem

Clemson’s non-con = aTm, Scar
Pitt’s = Penn State, Notre Dame, Central Florida

They should switch.

ND had 4 players dismissed from the team today, including one of their top receivers and their back up rb.

Back