• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest Football 2018 Offseason Discussion

CharlotteDeac1

Reaction score
I’m on my phone so forgive me if this thread already exists - however, saw this on twitter and thought it needed to be posted here.

https://twitter.com/brett_mcmurphy/status/950461348433027073

Important to note that there are four teams with better odds than us on our schedule (possibly more, our coastal opponent for next year is escaping me).

Last edited:
Another way to look at it is we are tied for 30th in the country according to Vegas.

Another way to look at it is we are tied for 30th in the country according to Vegas.

Yep, but no way we’re ranked in the preseason poll. Hard to believe the national media would give us that sort of recognition. Would not be surprised if we didn’t receive any votes at all.

Yep, but no way we’re ranked in the preseason poll. Hard to believe the national media would give us that sort of recognition. Would not be surprised if we didn’t receive any votes at all.

I don't know. Depends on if we got any respect for the Belk Bowl. We're going to finish #29 in the Sagarin. We were #31 in the Massey composite computer rankings before before bowls. So those odds are in line with our finish.

Ranked or not, next season will be the most anticipated season since probably 2007 I would think.

I would hope our season opener at Tulane is on TV.

I don't know. Depends on if we got any respect for the Belk Bowl. We're going to finish #29 in the Sagarin. We were #31 in the Massey composite computer rankings before before bowls. So those odds are in line with our finish.

That’s what I would hope, we will see. That would be awesome to be getting some hype before the season from the national media. I wonder where we get ranked on ACC media day?

And I would guess our opener gets on espnu, I highly doubt it would be on watch ESPN.

Last edited:
Vegas respects the 2018 team more than the media will. #VegasKnows

The ACC released last year's football schedule on January 24. So, the 2018 schedule should be released in the next two weeks or so.

Given WF's 8-5 record in 2017 and the number of returning contributors, wouldn't be surprised to see WF get a Thursday night game.

So far the following dates are known:

8/30 at Tulane (the Green Wave went 5-7 in 2017 -- will not be an easy game; Willie Fritz has greatly improved the TU program; they beat Houston and almost beat USF last year)
9/8 Towson (5-6 in 2017)
9/22 Notre Dame (the Irish play Vandy the week before and Stanford the week after this game)
9/29 Rice (1-11 in 2017)

ACC Home opponents:

BC
Clemson
Cuse
Pitt

ACC Road Opponents

Duke
FSU
L'ville
State

Man, that ND game will be huge. We seem to almost always play BC early. If we play them 9/15, we should be 3-0 heading into that game. I think the goal should be a bowl game in Florida.

Posting the odds that CharlotteDeac1 linked to. This has to be first time in program history we have been anything other than “field”.

Next year’s @CFBPlayoff title odds via @LVSuperBook:
Bama 5/2
Clem 6/1
UGA, OhSt 8/1
Mich 10/1
PSU 12/1
OU 18/1
Aub, Miami, MichSt, Tex, Wis 25/1
LSU, Wash 30/1
FSU, ND, Stan, USC, VT, WVU 40/1
A&M 50/1
UF, Ore, TCU 60/1
Ariz, Boise, KSU Mizzou, NCSt, OkSt, UCLA, Utah, Wake 100/1

Posting the odds that CharlotteDeac1 linked to. This has to be first time in program history we have been anything other than “field”.

Next year’s @CFBPlayoff title odds via @LVSuperBook:
Bama 5/2
Clem 6/1
UGA, OhSt 8/1
Mich 10/1
PSU 12/1
OU 18/1
Aub, Miami, MichSt, Tex, Wis 25/1
LSU, Wash 30/1
FSU, ND, Stan, USC, VT, WVU 40/1
A&M 50/1
UF, Ore, TCU 60/1
Ariz, Boise, KSU Mizzou, NCSt, OkSt, UCLA, Utah, Wake 100/1

Yeah sorry, the tweet shows up on my phone without having to click a link but on a computer it doesn't. I'm not sure how to fix this while posting on my phone.

It's weird to think that even if hell froze over and we made the playoff, I still don't have the creative fortitude to imagine us beating an Alabama to win it all.

It's nice to go into a season looking at a schedule with zero perceived automatic losses. Still plenty of tough games, but I see a 10-2 best case, 5-7 worst case, and will predict an 8-4 finish. 6-1 at home and 2-3 on the road.

Back