• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

ATP: Contact Lenses

Do the Canadian companies require a prescription? It annoys me that I have to go get a new prescription every year, even though the prescription hasn't changed in 10+ years.

That's the advantage of going through the Canadian companies. I think they send an obligatory notice to your doctor, but if they don't hear back they send them anyways. I got mine well over a year after my previous visit.

That's the advantage of going through the Canadian companies. I think they send an obligatory notice to your doctor, but if they don't hear back they send them anyways. I got mine well over a year after my previous visit.

To answer my own question. I just ordered some from Canada, and it didn't even ask for a doctor's name.

Tangentially related question: I had LASIK about ten years ago. When am I going to need reading glasses? Or more lasers in my eyeballs?

Dailies are a certainly more expensive but some manufacturers have pretty good rebates available, especially the first time you buy (I think Alcon does something like a $200-225 rebate if you buy a years supply your first time and then it's been about $120 in subsequent years). They are very comfortable, don't even know they're there.

I did this recently though Costco. My insurance knocked off a $100. Costco had a rebate for $70 and Alcon had a $50 dollar rebate. A year supply ended up being just over $300.

Back