• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

StubHub

DeacWatcher

Ricky Peral
Reaction score
If you need to dump tickets, what percent does stubhub give you for those tickets if you want to sell the tickets to them?

If you need to dump tickets, what percent does stubhub give you for those tickets if you want to sell the tickets to them?
I do not believe that StubHub sells tickets themselves. They function as a marketplace-third party only due to scalping and other ticket broker/reselling laws.

Last edited:
They get a huge cut these days on both the buy and sell side—approaching 30% all in. But the fact is you have to deal with stubhub no matter which side you are on (buyer or seller). I will say in their defense their customer service is great. And when they screw something up, they make it up to you and then some.

They take roughly 10% of whatever sale price you set and then get actually for the tickets

By popping the buyer with a giant commission as well, they have wisely confused people like this poster. The commission is more like 30%. But they’ve earned it. Smart, winning business moves. Unlike wake hoops.

By popping the buyer with a giant commission as well, they have wisely confused people like this poster. The commission is more like 30%. But they’ve earned it. Smart, winning business moves. Unlike wake hoops.

I doubt he's confused, when you are selling the tickets you don't care what they take off of the person buying them. They take 10% of your cut, thats all that matters to you.

I believe it is 15% last time I sold them some tickets to the 2016 Natty between Clemson & Alabama out in Phoenix.

I've yet to be spurned on either side of this by using Criagslist + PayPal.

I just look out for non-generic listings & double check contact information before the actual exchanges.

We got in a suite for the Belk Bowl for less than a third of what StubHub listed as the going rate.

So I sold some duke tickets yesterday. My payback was 1050. The buyer paid 1570. You do the math. Stubhub is printing money (and good for them)

While we’re on the topic of tickets, Wake remains the only school in the country which has declared war on 100% legal 3rd party ticket sales. Wellman has cops harass our own donors for just legally dumping their own tickets in the parking lot. It is an insane pattern of conduct. No school does it but us. It just forces fans on to stubhub making your enemy richer.

Our opponents literally are listing tickets on stubhub at inflated prices (look at ACC tournament books up now). They are smart to do so. Wellman still thinks it’s nefarious and wrong to make money on tickets. We lose out as a result as our competitors profit and continue to widen the gap that we have created in hoops by our poor decisions.

So I sold some duke tickets yesterday. My payback was 1050. The buyer paid 1570. You do the math. Stubhub is printing money (and good for them)

While we’re on the topic of tickets, Wake remains the only school in the country which has declared war on 100% legal 3rd party ticket sales. Wellman has cops harass our own donors for just legally dumping their own tickets in the parking lot. It is an insane pattern of conduct. No school does it but us. It just forces fans on to stubhub making your enemy richer.

Our opponents literally are listing tickets on stubhub at inflated prices (look at ACC tournament books up now). They are smart to do so. Wellman still thinks it’s nefarious and wrong to make money on tickets. We lose out as a result as our competitors profit and continue to widen the gap that we have created in hoops by our poor decisions.

I've sold and purchased tickets many times on my way in to Wake football and basketball games over the past several years and have never been harassed by cops. Has anyone else had this experience DR describes?

I've sold and purchased tickets many times on my way in to Wake football and basketball games over the past several years and have never been harassed by cops. Has anyone else had this experience DR describes?

He started it last year for basketball. Telling people WF owns the stadium and it doesn’t matter if it’s legal. Congrats asshole, you spent 8 million of our money to buy 500k worth of land that no one else wanted and now you are making more moral judgments on us.

I own 4 houses around the corner that actually produce net revenue, unlike LJVM which is underwater even with no debt, and I’m in for under 100k. Wellman is a complete moron. He graduated from a MAC school and failed as a baseball coach. Why did we give him unlimited power over our athletics for 30 years?

Last edited:
Dang, who knew donaldross was a slum lord.

Do four houses count as four businesses or one?

Back