• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

I think Danny has lost this team

I felt like we really needed to start out of the gates strong this year to be successful and was beyond disappointed over the first few weeks of the year. Those games were an embarrassment to all. But, they got the ship righted to a degree....
True...but I think the impact of those losses is catching up to them mentally. Being 12-5 is a heck of a lot better than 8-9.

True...but I think the impact of those losses is catching up to them mentally. Being 12-5 is a heck of a lot better than 8-9.

Amen! There is no doubt we should be 12-5. After the Drake loss I was afraid that the team was going to throw in the towel on the entire season. But, the guys have made runs to get back in games after crappy starts in almost every game except Duke. They were buried several times vs. VT but continued to fight. I thought at one point yesterday we had a chance to cut it to 10 or 11 around the 8 min mark, but we missed a good look and they drained a 3.

Manning and his staff have work to do! IMO, he needs to get more passionate, needs to work the refs (more than I can see from the cheap seats), needs to find a better chemistry, and create better offensive/defensive schemes. I would go back to pushing tempo each and every second - look for open shots on transition and try to get to the foul line 30 times a game.

If we were 12-5 (2-3 acc) everyone would be happy right now. Funny how much 4 games can swing a CBB season.

Yep

But those are 4 games you just have to win(regardless of the situation). We have adequate talent to win those four games. Liberty, ga southern, Drake.

And win 1 of Va Tech/Boston College/Houston

Last edited:
We can make one assumption with pretty good certainty. Coach is in over his head. Need a new one now

Was he over his head last year when he got this bunch to the NCAA tournament? Give the guy a chance.

Manning coaches with minimal emotion and appears to be in way over his head, with a minimal basketball coaching IQ.

Yep

But those for 4 games you just have to win. We have adequate talent to win those four games. Liberty, ga southern, Drake.

And win 1 of Va Tech/Boston College/Houston

You can’t expect an ACC coach to beat Liberty, Georgia Southern, AND Drake after losing Collins, Dinos, and Arians. That’s just too much.

You can’t expect an ACC coach to beat Liberty, Georgia Southern, AND Drake after losing Collins, Dinos, and Arians. That’s just too much.

I was saying the complete opposite. I should have thrown in “regardless of situation”. But yeah, I said those are four games you have to win. Meaning Danny had to win those games and there’s no excuse for it.

Never mind. Think I just reread it and caught the sarcasm.

Keyshawn said after the game today that it’s on the players to want to play defense and execute the game plan. He said that Danny cannot draw up something to make then give more effort. They just have to give more effort. So I’d say this thread is wrong, bigly.

But Keyshawn has said this before has he not? It is up to coaches to make them give effort or they do not play....period! Sit their butts on the bench if they don't play defense or pass the ball inside.

But Keyshawn has said this before has he not? It is up to coaches to make them give effort or they do not play....period! Sit their butts on the bench if they don't play defense or pass the ball inside.

He said it once after the skid at the beginning of the year. Seemed to have resulted in a win streak and playing pretty well until second half BC. Hopefully we can salvage some of this season and play with some pride - take some momentum into the offseason.

If we were 12-5 (2-3 acc) everyone would be happy right now. Funny how much 4 games can swing a CBB season.

4 games out of 17 is not a small sampling. That's just under 25% of games played.

If this is the argument trying to prop up the current coach then it is worse than I even thought. Just a terrible argument. "If we got a better result in a quarter of our games, things wouldn't be nearly as shitty!" Wow. What a vote of confidence!

This is a terrible thread... We struggled today against arguably a national title team. Bagley is a Freak and will be a star at the next level. The other Dukies are quite talented as well. We held our own for the most part and the refs (not the reason we lost) did us zero favors. We all knew that Moore would sit most of the 2nd half w/BS fouls and it happened. Without him in the lineup Sarr and Sam battled, but were overwhelmed. But, I was glad they battled! Crawford told the boards to shove it and played very well. Now, Wilby needs to get back in the groove.

We had some chances to make runs, but the shots did not fall. In no way has Danny lost this team. I think we will surprise a few people in this murderous stretch of games.

+1

Don't forget the Board of Trustees!

Men and women who simply DON'T CARE about wake Forest

Bingo. They do care about the budget, though. They like money.

Also, gotta love the State trolling, as we used to do the same with Sendek and Lowe. Keep the shitty coach. "Give him a chance" so haha we can keep beating you twice a year. Last thing we want you to do is hire a Prosser or Grobe/Clawson so we may start losing to you.

I don't think he has lost the team. The team is not as good as we thought they woud be(top 40% in the conf.) They are under-achieving, but you've got to give Danny next year to see if he can effectively coach a much more talented team that should be in the top four to five of the conference.

4 games out of 17 is not a small sampling. That's just under 25% of games played.

If this is the argument trying to prop up the current coach then it is worse than I even thought. Just a terrible argument. "If we got a better result in a quarter of our games, things wouldn't be nearly as shitty!" Wow. What a vote of confidence!

Wasn't an argument to prop up the coach or this team, just an observation about how 4 early season losses can ruin an entire season and discourage a fan base.

Back