• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

KP Report on the NC State Wolfpack - 8 pm Thursday ACC Network ESPN 3

Also just noticed that Wake Forest is the highest ranked team in KP w/ a losing record (#86). Wisconsin is 9-10 and ranked just a few spots below us (#89).

Kind of interesting:

The line opened at State -5 and has moved to -4.5 even though 77% of the bets are on State. That means some sharp players on WF as the books follow the pros.

Have a hunch that WF will play well (Key, who had been hobbled when he played against VT and Duke will be 100%), but all that means is that the game will be close, and WF has struggled at the end of games when it is close. Looking forward to the Doral v. Yurt matchup. Also, expecting the Sarr learning curve to start picking up speed. Think Olivier will have a big game soon.

Same movement at my book, w/ 65% of side wagers on State.

Also worth noting... O/U of 157. 95% of wagers at my book on the Under.

So it is going to be high scoring.

what time does this thread get locked in favor a new game thread?

No matter how bad the season has gone, winning tonight would make me feel a lot better.

Yurt will probably get his. Those top of the key threes he’s good at will be killer with Doral’s inability to guard the three point line

No matter how bad the season has gone, winning tonight would make me feel a lot better.

This is where I'm at. Beating the farmers on their home court is kind of like beating Louisville in Football. Not as gratifying, but close.

a-howard-danelius-wake.jpg

In the annals of ACC basketball, with our history of stars, the current NC State point guard (that transfer kid, Beverly) comparatively, is not good at basketball. In any other era, he is riding the pine or transferring to UNC-Asheville.

I'd put him just ahead of Richard Joyce.

So, I expect him to hit 2-3 from deep and score 13-14 or so, with about 5 assists, 4 rebounds, 2 steals and 1 turnover. I mean a guy like Jeff Teague would, very likely, completely abuse that guy. And Sid Lowe, Phil Ford, Marbury...hell even Tony Rutland pre-injury...completely ridiculous mis-matches.

But tonight, would not surprise me if we make him look good. I'm thinking lots of open looks off pick and roll with Moore nowhere to be found.

Was at that game. Clinched our regular season ACC Championship. Think we were down 11 at half and came back behind a monster 2nd half performance from J-Ho. Couple questionable calls against State at the end prompted hundreds of cups, bottles, human feces, and other debris being thrown on the court. Stay classy, Wolfpackers.

In the annals of ACC basketball, with our history of stars, the current NC State point guard (that transfer kid, Beverly) comparatively, is not good at basketball. In any other era, he is riding the pine or transferring to UNC-Asheville.

I'd put him just ahead of Richard Joyce.

So, I expect him to hit 2-3 from deep and score 13-14 or so, with about 5 assists, 4 rebounds, 2 steals and 1 turnover. I mean a guy like Jeff Teague would, very likely, completely abuse that guy. And Sid Lowe, Phil Ford, Marbury...hell even Tony Rutland pre-injury...completely ridiculous mis-matches.

But tonight, would not surprise me if we make him look good. I'm thinking lots of open looks off pick and roll with Moore nowhere to be found.

Why in the world do you think this about Beverly? He's starting in the ACC as a freshman, has a pretty good assist rate, limits turnovers, shoots 35% from behind the arc and is a pretty good floor general. He will continue to get better.

I certainly don't think he will ever be an All-ACC type player, but to say that he is "just ahead of Richard Joyce" is a pretty odd statement at this point in time.

Yeah, it's going to suck having to play against Beverly for 4 years, but the dude committed to OSU and Thad Matta before transferring to NCSU. It's not like he's a 2 star recruit or a grad transfer from Slippery Rock.

Why in the world do you think this about Beverly? He's starting in the ACC as a freshman, has a pretty good assist rate, limits turnovers, shoots 35% from behind the arc and is a pretty good floor general. He will continue to get better.

I certainly don't think he will ever be an All-ACC type player, but to say that he is "just ahead of Richard Joyce" is a pretty odd statement at this point in time.

Glad you said it.

I think Beverly is far from a star of the future but it wouldn't surprise me at all if he turns into Matt Farrell as a Junior and Senior. He's pretty decent.

Should be a fun offensive game tonight.

Glad you said it.

I think Beverly is far from a star of the future but it wouldn't surprise me at all if he turns into Matt Farrell as a Junior and Senior. He's pretty decent.

Should be a fun offensive game tonight.

Lol, I see what you did there.

Back