• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Trump’s 2017 Fake News Awards

Trump handing awards to someone besides himself is a sight to see! Perhaps he's finally made the pivot!

Good to see Trump and the GOP focusing on this bullshit instead of working to avert a government shutdown. So much winning.

Good to see Trump and the GOP focusing on this bullshit instead of working to avert a government shutdown. So much winning.

Then again the CNN fake news, which I still click on first given it's been the main source of my news my entire life and it's a hard habit to break, hasn't had a single main feature on discussing what could be causing the shut-down or a balanced piece describing the two sides.

Instead it's been a constant barrage of Chris Cillizza opinion pieces, and recaps of when Trump golfs. The outrage on Trump's attacks on the media has some merit, but jesus christ Trump has a point here too. Its turrrrrrrrible.

Then again the CNN fake news, which I still click on first given it's been the main source of my news my entire life and it's a hard habit to break, hasn't had a single main feature on discussing what could be causing the shut-down or a balanced piece describing the two sides.

Instead it's been a constant barrage of Chris Cillizza opinion pieces, and recaps of when Trump golfs. The outrage on Trump's attacks on the media has some merit, but jesus christ Trump has a point here too. Its turrrrrrrrible.

just for kicks, I just checked Cnn's website and there are literally 6 stories about the government shutdown.

just for kicks, I just checked Cnn's website and there are literally 6 stories about the government shutdown.

And barely any of them are news. They're headed by a Cillizza opinion piece in the #1 spot, titled "GOP WILL LOSE. BIGLY"

It's literally fake news.

And barely any of them are news. They're headed by a Cillizza opinion piece in the #1 spot, titled "GOP WILL LOSE. BIGLY"

It's literally fake news.

I know you are just trolling because that is all that you do , but just for everyone else...the opinion piece that gets plamas panties in a bunch actually has a big chart in it that is a big piece of the article. It lists every government shutdown since 1976, who the president was, who controlled the house and senate, and how many days the shutdown lasted. It is literally fact after fact after fact. I learned something by reading it. Did you know that Ronald Reagan had more govt. shutdowns then any other president? Did you know that George W. Bush had none? I became a more informed American by reading that article that Plama calls "literally fake news".

I know you are just trolling because that is all that you do , but just for everyone else...the opinion piece that gets plamas panties in a bunch actually has a big chart in it that is a big piece of the article. It lists every government shutdown since 1976, who the president was, who controlled the house and senate, and how many days the shutdown lasted. It is literally fact after fact after fact. I learned something by reading it. Did you know that Ronald Reagan had more govt. shutdowns then any other president? Did you know that George W. Bush had none? I became a more informed American by reading that article that Plama calls "literally fake news".

Actually I'm not trolling anything. I'm a democrat annoyed by democrat-biased news that I've relied on my whole life. Yes, there are people like me out there. You can fail to admit there are people like me out there, or figure out how to deal with it. It's not with hyperventaliting every 5 seconds about someone's twitter post or shoving Chris Cillizza down my throat, that I can assure you.

I'm on your side, but you have to come back to reality. There's a disconnect.

Last edited:

1. That's not true. 2. If it is true change the fucking channel. It's your responsibility to read/watch various news sources to hear more than one perspective and be an informed citizen. It's really not that difficult.

Correct. They are terrible. CNN is a tabloid now. Too bad as it was the best news website for years. I guess it works for them as their traffic is high. I use Reuters.

https://www.reuters.com/

1. That's not true. 2. If it is true change the fucking channel. It's your responsibility to read/watch various news sources to hear more than one perspective and be an informed citizen. It's really not that difficult.

I'm informed. CNN sucks now. It's OK for people to admit that and dislike Trump at the same time. Their traffic will be up as long as he's in office, but then they'll fold when he's gone.

Actually I'm not trolling anything. I'm a democrat annoyed by democrat-biased news that I've relied on my whole life. Yes, there are people like me out there. You can fail to admit there are people like me out there, or figure out how to deal with it. It's not with hyperventaliting every 5 seconds about someone's twitter post or shoving Chris Cillizza down my throat, that I can assure you.

I'm on your side, but you have to come back to reality. There's a disconnect.

tenor.gif

CNN sucks because the website is about the worst as far autoplaying videos is concerned. The news content is OK. It was very nice of Trump to make them relevant again by making them the focus of his twitter rage.

Back